18

-Melody-

I woke to the sound of Toby trying to whisper, but failing miserably. He was talking on the phone with someone, probably Matt.

The only part of the conversation I heard was when Toby was talking about me.

"That Toby is probably asking Cam if he saw Melody leave the house, he knows she's gone." I heard him say.

I was still half asleep when he ended the call. I started shifting around, which made Toby look over at me.

"Mel, you're supposed to be asleep," He whispered, trying to be as quiet as possible.

"Right, but with you failing at whispering into the phone, I don't think I would be able to," I chuckled at him.

He closed his eyes, most likely mentally facepalming. "I'm sorry sweetheart. I was trying to talk to Matt."

"What's he doing? Is he safe?" I remember him leaving to go to that hell hole of a house before I fell asleep.

"He's fine and safe. He's trying to get Luna and possibly Jay out of that house because heavens know she won't leave without him and then the six of us are leaving town," He watched his phone, waiting to see if Matt or Luna or Jay texted him or calls him.

"Wait," I sat up, trying not to wake Mason. "What about Ryan, Sam, and Eric? They're still in that house. What if the boys get them?"

Toby shook his head. "You don't have to worry about them. Those boys want you and Luna and I'm not letting them take you away from me. So you don't have to be worried, alright?"

"Yeah," I nodded my head a little, still worried about everyone else. "I just hope they get out of there safely."

"Me too, Mel." Toby leaned over and softly kissed the top of my head.

I leaned up against him and I reached over and grabbed his hand. I needed to feel his warmth, I needed someone to be there, and he was, always.

I grabbed my phone with my other hand, turning it on and opening Instagram. I needed something to calm me down, whether that be memes, cooking videos, or pictures of Sebastian Stan and Chris Evans. I just needed something to take my mind off of everything.

My phone and the warm presence of my Toby were the only two things I wanted right now, and I got them.

Every so often I would chuckle at a picture I saw, getting a small chuckle out of Toby who was on his phone as well, probably thinking I was a complete weirdo.

I don't think I can fall asleep any time soon, and I don't plan to either.