73

-Luna-

"God dammit." I hissed. I whipped my phone so hard it shattered. The sound made Jay jump, causing his heart monitor to sky rocket for a moment.

"Luna..." Jay whimpered. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean for this to happen..."

"It's not on you, Jay. It's on me. I never deserved him or you. Dammit, why couldn't I have died? Why couldn't he have let me fucking die?" I sobbed.

"Luna, no. Stop. Come here." He made room in his hospital bed for me but I couldn't do it. I couldn't look at him, either.

"Jay, we can't do this. You have Anna. She loves you. I... I risked my life for her so you could grow old and have kids with her. And Matt... Matt fucking hates me. And he should. I'm an absolute monster." I muttered.

"Luna... I have loved you since I met you. I would do anything for you. But I never wanted to risk what you and I have or what Matt and I." Jay said, tears streaming down his cheeks.

"I know. I know. I told you, it's not on you. Can I borrow your phone?" I took his phone from the bag of his personal belongings and logged onto my Twitter.

I will aways love you. There are days when the sky is never light, and you have always been the light to my darkness. But I am a black hole, and you are too good to be swallowed by my darkness.

I handed him his phone and leaned back. "Anna and Mason will stay with you. I have to go back to the house." I grabbed my destroyed phone and left, but not before turning back and mouthing that I loved him. Because I did. In what way, I don't think I would ever fully know.

I left the hospital, walking away from my sister and our friends. I took a seat outside on the curb and waited for a cab to come by. I needed a shower and the Digimon movie to calm me down.