67

-Toby-

Hours. It had been hours since Jay died. He died at approximately 6:47 p.m. I brought him back to life at approximately 6:52 p.m. He had been in surgery ever since, and it was nearing 3 in the morning.

No one had slept for longer than 20 minutes at a time. Luna paced the floor so hard she could have worn holes in it. Melody, too, but I managed to get her to chill out for a while.

"So how did that work? Luna being able to kill him?" I asked, leaning back in my seat.

Melody sighed. "Only the original and the person they love most can kill the doppelgänger."

"That's fucked, cunt." Mason muttered. He had Anna asleep under his arm.

Cam shook his head. "Only because of Anna and Matt. You can't help your feelings for someone else." His eyes lingered a second too long on Melody, but I ignored it.

"I still can't wrap my head around it." Matt muttered. The tone of his voice indicated just how deep is depression ran.

"What part? The part I cheated on you not once, but twice, or the part where I'm the reason he's dead?" Luna snapped. Her blonde hair was a rats nest from her running her fingers through it.

"You didn't do this." Melody told her, pulling her into her arms.

"I did! I did because I didn't care about him enough!" Luna sobbed.

"You cared about him as much as the rest of us. With your logic, we all killed him." I replied.

"No! No no no! I worried about Matt! I prayed for Matt to live! Not Jay! I'm being punished because I couldn't live without Matt when Jay's the one I really couldn't live without!" Matt flinched visibly and took off outside. I sighed, watching as Cam followed him.

"It's not always about you, Luna." Mason hissed. He was on edge, but so were the rest of us. But Mason had lost his father and now he could lose his best friend.

Luna shook her head. "I need to talk to Matt."

"No, you need to sit down and rest." I told her. Melody guided her over to the empty space between Eric and I. I held Melody close, kissing the top of her head a few times.

My beautiful, loving girlfriend wrapped her arms around her sister and held her close. She rested her head against my chest and I loosely wrapped one arm around them both.

Jay was going to pull through this. He had to. Otherwise, what was any of this for? What did the girls sacrifice if not for Jay, and the rest of us, to live? Luna had went into the lion's den for Jay and Anna. He better fucking pull through or I was going to kill him myself.