23

-Toby-

"Okay, we can figure this out. We just need to get to a motel. I'll call Ryan and Sam." I said, pulling out my phone.

"Luna, what are you doing?" Jay asked from the car. I watched the blonde girl get out, smoothing out her pink sundress.

"I'm just stretching my legs." She smiled warmly at him before walking around. I frowned, looking back at Melody. She was sitting in the car, drumming her fingers anxiously on the console.

My call turned to voicemail and I cursed. "Ryan, it's Toby. Give me a call back, okay? It's important." I hung up and got back into the car.

A black car, the same model as Matt's, pulled up along side the gas station. Luna visibly shook, but gave Matt a kiss.

"Toby, go check on her. Now." Melody said. I got out of the car immediately and walked up to them.

"Everything okay?" I asked.

Luna nodded. "Matt, get back in the car, okay? You, too, Toby."

"Luna, what are you doing?" Matt asked, frowning.

"Nothing. Just back in." She smiled so sweetly at him, and he obliged.

"What are you going to do?" I asked her, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Take Melody and go, okay? Now. Before they get her, too." Luna turned on her heels, stumbling a bit, and made her way to the passenger side of the black car. My eyes widened as I realized what she was doing.

"Luna!" I called out to her. She ignored me as she got into the car. The car window rolled down, revealing Matt, but not our Matt. He smirked and rolled out of the parking lot.

I looked at my Matt and Jay, both of whom got out of the car and started yelling. Jay kicked the tire to Matt's car and ran a hand through his hair.

"We have to go back for her. She did this because they have Anna. We have to get them." He said, tears in his eyes.

"If you want to go back, go. But right now, my main concern is Melody. If you two go back there, there's no guarantee you'll survive. They want Luna for something. Knowing you don't have her will be good enough for them because it's hurtful to you. Let's find a motel and get in contact with our managers, Eric, and Cam." I said, watching as Jay slumped against the car, falling onto his butt.

I got back into my car and started the engine. I began to pull away, driving to the nearest motel. If Matt and Jay wanted to follow Luna's suicide mission, so be it. But I refused to let them get both girls. One was enough as it was.

"Toby?" Melody asked softly from the passenger side.

"It's going to be alright, my love. I promise." I took her hand and brought it to my mouth. I kissed her knuckles a few times before dropping both of our hands to the center console. I loved her too much to let those sons of bitches get her, too.