12

-Matt-

I felt so bad for Mason, his dad was in perfectly good shape, but for some odd reason, he died. It was so odd for Jay to be here as well, I was sure we left him at the house, but maybe he left after we did. What was even more odd was that Luna didn't come with. She and Jay were best friends and did everything together.

"Melody's going to be pissed that I didn't wake her up to come," Toby muttered under his breath, looking down at his phone. I knew he was worried about her because some weird shit was happening and he didn't want her to be alone.

"She's going to be fine Toby, she knows how to take care of herself," I put my hand on his shoulder, trying to comfort him. "Right now, we need to be here for Mason."

He nodded and put his phone away, walking over to the Mason who was sulking in a chair, his eyes red and puffy from crying so much. I hated seeing him like this, he's usually the type of person to be happy and never let anyone see when he was upset, but this broke him.

"I'm so sorry, Mace. I know it's hard, but we'll help you get through it. Okay?" I sit down in a chair next to him, rubbing his back in circles, the way Melody does to calm him down.

Mason looked over at Toby, looking like he was going to cry again. "Could you call Melody? Please?" He looked so upset and it hurt me, and it physically hurt Toby because he wanted to call Melody, but she was asleep when we left and she's still probably asleep.

Toby shook his head and looked down. "I'm sorry Mason, I don't want to wake her. If we're still here in the morning, I'll call her and tell her to come down."

While both Toby and Mason were talking, I looked over to Jay. He hasn't said anything since Mason's dad died. I was getting uneasy with him around. It was like he wasn't himself, but he was probably too upset about Mason's dad, too.

"I'm going to head out now. I'll see you later," Jay announced, getting out of his chair. We all look at him, surprised. He would usually be the last one here with Mason while Toby and I left to go make sure the girls are all right.

"What the fuck Jay? What's wrong with you?" Mason looked up at him, about to start crying again. "First you don't even care about my dad dying and then you leave like 20 minutes after? What the fuck?" Mason was super upset now and Jay didn't care. All he did was shrug and head out.

"What the fuck? There's something wrong with that kid," Toby shook his head at Jay who was walking away. "Don't worry Mason, we're not going to leave you here."

Masons nodded and looked down at the floor while Toby and I sat next to him, just sitting there in each other's presence. Something terrible was going down and we're in the middle of all of it.