15

-Toby-

I frowned as I held onto Melody's hand. First Luna, then Cam, Jay, and now... me. Something fucked up was going on around here and I wasn't about to have any part in it.

"Matt, go home. Take the car. If you see me there, call me immediately. But don't draw attention." I explained to him quietly so no one else could hear. He looked perplexed before nodding his head. He grabbed the keys and took off, leaving me with Melody and Mason.

I pulled out my phone and began searching up this phenomenon going on. I was immediately met with articles about doppelgängers. I should have known; Luna mentioned it before with her vampire show.

I never believed in any of this shit, though. It was all lore and myth. But it would explain why Melody slept in bed with a man wearing my face and trying to seduce her. It would explain Jay's behavior and Cam's. So, then, where were the real Cam and Jay? Cam was surely back home in New Zealand, and Jay was probably with Luna. But why were these doppelgängers after us?

"Doppelgängers are harbingers of evil. If you see one of yourself or a loved one, it spells certain death." Of course it fucking did. But I didn't believe that. I continued reading, hoping to get more information.

"All the good in a person, but where does the bad go? Your shadow self, that's where." I frowned. So.. these doppelgängers were the evil versions of us? But why were they here? Was this some kind of sick joke? Maybe the fans found eerily similar look a likes to us and paid them to pull fucked up pranks on us.

"Toby," Melody whispered, laying her hand on my arm. I looked at her, focusing on her beautiful eyes. I was brought out of my concentrated trance.

"What's up, my love?" I replied, reaching over and kissing her cheek.

"Will you go get me some coffee?" I nodded my head and got up. I found the cafeteria's vending machines, including those weird coffee ones, and brewed a cup. I made myself one and got some snacks from the other machine. I carried everything back to Melody and sat down beside her.

She rested her head on my shoulder, getting comfortable. I figured we'd be here a while. I should text Ryan and Sam and let them know what's going on, at least with Mason. The doppelgänger stuff can wait until the morning.

I wrapped one arm around Melody and played with her hair. Soon enough, she fell asleep against my shoulder. I got as comfy as I could on the couch with her and Mason and drifted off to sleep. It was late and I would need to be rested for whatever was about to come our way.