84

-Matt-

Holy fuck, my childhood best friend is getting married. When we were little we always talked about how we wanted to get married and who was going to be there and all sorts of things.

I smiled at Mel when she looked at me, beaming. It was how she dreamed it would be. She always said that she wanted to be proposed on New Years Eve with the ring in the glass. Even though it's not New Years Eve, the rest went how she wanted.

I pulled Mel away into the kitchen, since she was the only one who knew I was going to propose to Luna.

"What now? Are you not going to propose?" She put her glass down on the counter.

"I'm still going to propose, but what if she says no? I would look like a complete fucking loser in front of everyone," This was making me nervous and I hated it.

"If she still loves you, and I know she does, she'll say yes, but if she loves Jay, and God knows we don't want that, she'll say no," Mel grabbed my arms. "You're going to do fine." She smiled and game me the box.

I had her hold onto it so it didn't look like a ring box in my back pocket. I took a deep breath with the box squeezed in my hand and I headed back into the living room with Melody.

She immediately went back to her fiancé, who was talking to Cam, who looked like he was dying on the inside.

I had to do this. It was now, or never.

"Everyone, I also have an announcement," I got everyone's attention. I went in front of Luna and got down on one knee, opening the box.

"Luna, I know we're in a rough time right now but please hear me out. I've loved you ever since we met. I loved and still do love the way your eyes twinkle when you find something you like, or when someone compliments you on whatever. Your laugh, your smile, your voice.. They make my heart race and I lose my breath. You take my breath away every time you even look in my direction. I just hope I do the same," I took another deep breath.

Fuck this was killing me.

"Now before I start rambling, I must ask you. Will you marry me?"