nine.

"yoongi ran away from his home when he was twelve, as you know

"yoongi ran away from his home when he was twelve, as you know. it was in daegu, so it's a long way to walk. yoongi said himself that he felt like it lasted weeks, months even."

namjoon was intrigued, and the story hadn't even started properly yet.

"he met people like taehyung and jimin when he came at first... oh wait, you don't know taehyung and jimin," jeongguk chuckled awkwardly.

"taehyung and jimin were our friends, being hackers like yoongi and i, until the police, or as the locals call, the watch, arrested them for a robbery of the e-cash bank and jailed them."

"we know 100% that jimin was caught for that reason, as the watch announced that, but taehyung wasn't involved in what jimin was doing, but arrested for the same reason, so we think he got arrested for another reason, but anyways, i'm going off track," jeongguk laughed awkwardly again, scratching the back of his neck.

"yoongi got caught up with the criminals, or syndicates, in the streets and he ended up becoming one himself due to the blackmail that was forced on him. they would have killed him if he didn't join. he was stuck in the gang until he was around 16, then he killed a bunch of them and ran. they're looking for him as we speak for revenge," jeongguk looked down in what looked like sadness or shame.

"wow, that's rough, but how long has he been gone for?" namjoon questioned in a calming tone.

"10 years, he's 26 now."

namjoon was left astonished about how he's been able to hide from a gang for 10 years in a town as small as this.

"neon district is pretty small, but he's found his ways, hiding in small hideouts. you wouldn't be able to tell that yoongi looked like what he did back then too, he definitely looks pretty different, so he uses that to his advantage."

"but anyways, i should get to bed, you can sleep on the sofa or the spare room upstairs. it's down the corridor and on the right," jeongguk got up from his dining chair and walked up the glass stairs.

"good night, kim namjoon."

"night, jungkook."

namjoon sat still at the dining table, thoughts flying through his mind at fast speeds.

who were taehyung and jimin?

are yoongi and jungkook hackers too?

why was taehyung actually put into prison?

will yoongi be caught by his old gang?