thirty one.

"good news

"good news. it's a temporary shutdown. his battery probably just ran out," taehyung opened another flap in jungkook's neck, and frowned. "uhm... his battery was pretty much at full."

"i was about to say. i replaced jungkook's battery a few weeks ago when it ran out," yoongi scratched the top of his head.

"then i'm not sure. i believe that the only way this has happened was by manual shutdown," jimin scratched his head also, and then his eyes lit up in realisation.

the whole room turns to look at namjoon.

"w-what? what did i do?" namjoon looks around at everyone in confusion.

"did you shut him down?" yeonjun said calmly.

"no... we went to investigate a car crash, and jungkook just froze in place, so i hurried to an alleyway and then he just went," yeonjun's gang nodded along.

"sounds like something about the crash made his brain go into overdrive, but what about the crash?" kai rubbed his chin, deep in thorough thought.

"anyways, let's get your boyfriend back," yoongi whispered to namjoon, followed by a love whistle.

"hm?!" namjoon widened his eyes, looking around at the crowd of men incase any of them just heard yoongi's statement.

yoongi gazed at the ground, as if he was stuck in thought and then pulled namjoon by his arm out of the room into a dark staircase.

"i've seen how you and jungkook act together. you're both so... close, if you get what i mean," yoongi rubbed his hands together as he spoke and kept his vision on namjoon's face.

"y-yeah, we have been. i've developed a small crush on him. are you okay with that?"

"yeah. i'm fine with it! you seem like a nice guy and i know that you would treat jungkook greatly. i just have one concern."

"mhm... what's that?"

namjoon was nervous. what was he doing wrong that yoongi didn't like?

"it's what citizens would think of the relationship."

ah, at least it's not what i'm doing that's bothering him.

"why? are relationships not allowed?" namjoon was beyond baffled. he understood that the town was NOTHING like gwangju, but they can't just ban relationships.

"relationships are most definitely allowed, it's just that people don't like the idea of humans and/or robots and robot-humans dating. they're not banned, just frowned upon."

these words made namjoon feel horrible. the hope of a relationship between the two that he had had dissolved into a pile of dust in his mind. he let his shoulders drop and let out a sigh.

"but don't give up your hopes. jungkook seems to be so invested in you, so he could be considering moving onto being a couple with you," yoongi placed a hand on namjoon's slumped shoulders and gummy-smiled at him.

"you're right. should i talk to him about it when he wakes up then?"

"if you want, but give him some time. he's just woken up from the robot equivalent of a coma, and he needs to recover."

"got it. thanks yoongi."

"no problem. and hey, if you ever need relationship advice, beomgyu is the one to go to. he's good with that kind of stuff," yoongi patted his shoulder again, and walked back into the surgeon's room, followed shortly after by namjoon.

so THAT'S how you pronounce beomgyu's name!