Let's Look At the Yukiohara Series

Okay, this is going to be so anecdotal it's not funny. I'm not someone who presses "being purely original" on others then doesn't be original in the slightest. No, that title goes to someone else. I'm pretty open to suggestions and I do take criticism. But that's me as a person. I've had my fair share of "you can't do it because I don't personally like it" shoved down the bucket list of things said to me. And I burn them up.

World Building:

If anything has to be said of my series that's fact, it's that my worlds are fantasy driven. Magic, artes, weapons and all sorts are drawn from normal everyday fantasy stories. I've built my worlds based on what I like and how I want to. I will probably never get into the science of things, the gravity, mass and physics of my worlds aren't explored, because I simply don't care. Fantasy doesn't need to explained away by science all the time.

So what about my science fiction worlds? Well, their science fiction comes in with weaponry, machines, and how those interact with the characters. Sure it's not all physics or biology or chemistry 24/7 but that's not my appeal. I don't aim to appeal by saying big words and science terms.

Characters:

I avoid one note characters like the plague. I hate it when a character is described by one, ONE, trait. "My character is a psychopathic killer" good job, you've done the bare minimum. Did you do your research to what a psychopath is? No? What did I expect from a description that basically says "I didn't try".

Good or evil, please, if you believe there is only good or evil in a person, go check the guide book again. Or Kingdom Hearts, which ever one is more painful.

I put time and effort into my characters. Each one is different from the other and I when I say time, I mean three to four months fully developing them. That's tough.

Story:

This is what also takes three to four months. I only take inspiration, WHICH IS NOT A CRIME, meaning that I take bits and pieces here and there then clump them all into a story. I then wait for a bit for everything to start making sense in my head and roll with it.

Not the most efficient way of doing things, but it's a hell of a lot better than depending on someone else's work to copy then discontinuing the story because you ran out of things to steal. It's also to say my stories are long, and not "long" in 400 words, whoever thinks that 400 words is long needs to read a real book. Chapters that are 400 words either have more frequent update time, since it's easier than 5000 words (I do this to myself).

My stories may not make sense, and I'm fully aware of that. Not like you know the development process during a story. It's been like five months and Cries of Empheria is just now getting new characters added. I try to tie in everything by the end, finish all arcs and all character development, which takes a hell of a lot more time than you might think.

Script:

Don't ever throw away your script, I threw away the Cries of Empheria original script and I regret it. I've had to redo everything by scratch, rename the characters because I remember their designs but not their names, and just make up a new plot.

Keep your ideas, if they change over time or merge with others, then let them. It's how I wrote Legends of Serpheria.

Character Design:

If you follow my DA, you'll see I make designs for major characters and sometimes side characters, those usually don't get a design. It'd be like 100 designs for one story if I did that. This is optional, if you're not an artist, you can commission one or just describe the design in your story. Please, do not grab a random image on google and call it your character, no one is going to take you seriously.