For The Writer

A piece of writing should be written for the writer, if you're having fun then you did your job. Publishing your work should of course be leaned towards the enjoyment of others, but don't let that destroy your enjoyment of making it. If you're getting criticism, keep it in mind for later, if you're getting hate, screw them.

You can make your work for someone else, you can make it for your own wants, you can make it because it sounded fun. But if it starts to feel like a chore, like you're doing it when you don't want to, take a break. Sometimes all you need to just relax and let your brain fill in the blanks you need to keep going. Or sometimes quit the entire project. It's not wrong to give up. Depending on the circumstances. Artists do it all the time, we regret making something and either try to bury it or redo it.

Your work is done by you and if you're satisfied with the result, that's good enough. I used to write in a book that no was allowed to see, I was private about my work. Until recently when I got the confidence to upload my work, I was secretive about what I did. Being an introvert also has something to do with that.

If the work is boring and you're not satisfied with it, then either mix it up or try again with different routes of inspiration. Ideas don't come from nothing after all. If you're proud of what you've done but people think it's boring, then you should probably try to appeal to a different audience. I'm done with boring school stories, I get little kids like to write about what high school may be like, but it's not as exciting as you think it is, at least when you're like me. I never went to any parties.

Tip of the day: I have no real conclusion to this, I'm bad at ending these. Here's a tip, organize your work, if it's in a hot mess and you can't find anything, then use folders or labels. Google docs allows for folders and so does DA. Organization makes it easier to do work.