Let's Look at Miraculous Ladybug

Well, I think it's finally time to throw Miraculous Ladybug under the bus and talk about its problems.

Pay off:

When you write something and you tease a new scene or development, please go through with it. If you tease something like a huge character development and a big reveal, not going through with it will make people lose trust in you. Chat Blanc is a failure of a life episode and I don't think I'm in the minority by saying that. It's only because I've seen people comment about it that I have the bravery to comment as well.

Chat Blanc is teases to be the big reveal, this where we learn who the superheroes and villains are, where we fight Hawk Moth and learn what happened to Adrien's mom. Then the episode happens and everyone is disappointed. We as the audience got to see it, but the characters didn't. Going back in time as if it never happened is a shitty thing to do when the subject is as big as this.

Doctor Who, the old one, can do it but he only does it when he thinks he can save lives and things are rock bottom. He still remembers what happened and that carries on to the future.

Thanks to this failure of life of an episode, we don't get character development, we don't get any new information, characters act out of line and its overall really messy.

Now let's talk about character development connecting to this

Character development:

When you tease something then pay it off, especially when it's a big thing, characters will grow from it. Let's say the events of the episode were less stupid, we didn't go back in time and we get to see the aftermath. We get to see Adrien approach his father and finally ask what happened to his mother and why his father became Hawk Moth. We finally understand Gabriel as a character and learn to care about it. Maybe he even lets Mari back as Adrien's girlfriend. But that's only for the fans who like their relationship, I prefer Mari X Luka.

I feel like I should also mention what someone said about Mari and Adrien's relationship, that Adrien is only in love with Ladybug, and Mari thinks Adrien is perfect. The latter I called out in my own fan fiction when Caster Cheng comments on Lila saying he's perfect. I believe you should love the flaws of someone because that makes them human.

Back to Adrien and Ladybug, he didn't love her as Mari, he loved her as Ladybug, Mari and Ladybug seem to be different people in personality. Ladybug is brave and outgoing while Mari is shy and clumsy. He's in love with the persona she puts on to protect Paris, so is that true love?

This show is such a mess, why does Chloe of all people get more character development than the two main characters? That's just bad writing. She's a side character.

How I would do it:

I write my own series and three fan fictions, I think I have the ability to make this section.

Let's start with fixing the episode, I would keep the trailer but change what happened. How about Adrien starts to learn Mari is Ladybug after Mari gains confidence? She slowly starts to act like Ladybug through her bravery in class and ability to talk to him normally. She starts to become a mix of Ladybug and Mari and that what gets Adrien to figure it out. In turn, he starts to become a mix of Chat Noir and his regular self. Hinting he's Chat Noir and Mari soon figures it out.

They go on some dates and later publicly announce they're a couple after they've realized they do love each other. Adrien likes how Mari can be clumsy but is brave at heart, and Mari likes how outgoing Adrien is despite his own lack of knowledge of relationships. And they accept each other's flaws, big part there. This is when Hawk Moth comes in, he tries the whole thing with akumatizing Mari and it fails, but instead of akumatizing Adrien after finding out Adrien is Chat Noir, cause that lead no where, he sulks in his room. Adrien and him talk about it and we find out what happened to Emily, what Gabriel's wish is and how he felt about keeping it a secret from Adrien.