Bad VS Boring

We all know what good stories are, they're stories when the reader is fully emerged into the world and wants to know more. The writing isn't perfect, but it's sure entertaining.

Then what's a bad story? It's poorly written, doesn't make sense and the characters range from annoying to unbearable. It's a load of shit basically. Most likely the writer doesn't care about the story, or isn't trying hard at all. Even those who try have a semblance of some good aspects. Or at least try to improve instead of avoiding criticism or making excuses.

A boring story is just lacking of anything a story has in general. There's nothing to the world, characters or anything really, it's the equivalent to an outline, with nothing afterwards. It's point A to B to C with nothing interesting leading up to those points, ever. It's the main character who is bland with the one flaw of being "too perfect" or "no flaws", the story revolves what could be good but is done so poorly it's not worth nothing, and the writer couldn't be bothered to even use creativity or imagination, they just use an idea and concept already done and so boring I'd rather watch grass grow. I don't want to read another story where 90% is going to a boring school and the other 10% is about a lame magic book that means nothing to the plot.

Bad stories are better than boring stories, at least they're something. Like bad tv shows or movies, they can be a guilty pleasure, but boring, boring is nothing. Literally nothing. It's watching paint dry, actually that's probably more interesting than reading eight chapters about a privileged rich girl who wants more than she has already. And somehow magic book because that writer has no other ideas. Crossovers, fan fictions, your own story, a story your friend wrote, I don't care, it's probably going to be more interesting than nothing.