Motivation

I know my stories aren't popular and I don't write to become popular, I just have fun doing it. If I get popular then that's fine, if not, I won't cry about it. (I have a site for my series, look up "Yukiohara series" and you'll find it.)

Anyways, it's been a while since I've made some writing tips.

I believe motivation is a huge part of a story. A recent example is form the Steven Universe movie, Steven was motivated by love. I like to be realistic and fantasy at the same time. Using love as a motivation just seems like something I could see happening and does happen in some shows. But there are people who prefer the way the scene looks rather than feels. In the case of my little pony, maybe season 2, love was used as a power to defy evil. It actually sent the evil entity flying back.

The scene wasn't nearly as powerful as when Steven was motivated out of love from his world to defeat Spinel, he broke her down after she saw how much he loved his world and realized all she wanted was for him to love her. It's about the same time duration but is more powerful to see the emotions of the characters.

If a character doesn't have motivation, why do something at all? Why are we motivated to do what we love? Because we love it? Why go to work? For money? Why go to school? For education. Whether or not you like it is up to you. Characters have a certain part of them that has to be like real life. It makes people relate to them, love them or hate them.

If a character is motivated to do something, it should make sense in context of the scene. If a character doesn't care about saving the world, why do it? Because it's the right thing to do? Well that's a motivation in itself.

Depending on who the character is, their motivation will be different. Easy as that.