Concept

Nothing is original, that's just a fact. Everything can be unique, exciting, intriguing, you name it. The greatest of stories can come from the same idea done over and over again in a unique way. This is just he basics of story telling. What I don't like, is when kids use others concept and try to claim it as theirs.

What do I mean? The idea of experimentation on humans to create monsters or such has been done to the moon and back. I put my own spin to it, instead of focusing on the victims, I focus on the ones working in the system. The ones doing the experimentation.

So here's the thing, I remember back in the day there was someone who made an concept about experimentation on kids and focused on the kids, something about camp and "worship me" was in there too. The less we talk about that the better. The random person who took over stole the concept and has continued to use it in their stories. In another case, someone had the concept of experimentation to create mermaid hybrids or something like that, the same random person stole the concept and uses it in their stories.

This isn't putting your own spin to a story, or taking parts then making a mess of thing. It's straight up "I can't make a good concept so I'll steal someone else's call it my own". Stealing. Illegal.

If you see an concept you like, it's okay to use it as inspiration, the idea is the same while the execution will have to be different to be yours. Don't use someone else's concepts. Make up your own, take a part and mix it with others, or something that isn't coping and pasting word for word. Even if the wording similar, if the original can be tracked down simply from the same wording and theme, you need to stop.