Purely Original

I'm going to be "purely" logical here. See what I did? What does it mean and why is it impossible to be "purely original"? Let's find out.

Nothing is Original:

It's quite well known in the art community that nothing it original anymore. Everything has a base and that base is from something that already exists. The same can be said for writing. Your work is not original, my work is not original, your friend's work is not original. We all took inspiration from something. Whether it's a series we like, a friend's idea or a dream.

"But if it's a dream then it is purely original". No it's not. It's a well known fact that dreams are just events that we've already been through or created by what we like. I've had dreams about being in the Tales world and Kingdom Hearts world before. Even sometimes I'll have dreams that are repeated from long ago. The brain can create new ideas, but you need to realize those ideas are a mix of memories.

I don't preach about being purely original because I simply don't believe it exists. I am not purely original, what I am, is someone who likes to write whatever comes to mind and yes, sometimes it is a mess.

You're not an exception, no matter how badly you think that your work is all "original" and everyone else's is not. And it's also not okay for you to say that you take inspiration but when someone else does it, it's a horrible terrible crime. That's not how it works, that's hypocrisy, and being a special snowflake.

What Happened:

Before we go into more about what your writing really is, we're going to talk about what happened when someone tried to write a "purely original" story. To say the least it was the worst dumpster fire I had ever seen. I've seen bad stories written by children, but this was awful. Nothing had been done, no real development anyways. The characters were are all stolen and the idea was from a creator who didn't want anything to do it. The person wanted to make an "animation", which they always promised people, but didn't do it, for the creator or for anyone else. Whether this is pure laziness or incapability of animation, I don't know.

(I'm going to slight mention they told me that I was being "unoriginal" by using inspiration and that "everyone knows you can't just spit out OCs" which, was all just a way to tear me down so they could steal my work.)

What the hell happened to that work? What in the world happened that it failed so terribly and badly that the the writer to this dumpster fire, deleted everything? Well, that's a simple answer. Priorities. The priority was so high in being "purely original" that anything that could have been added on would be inspiration from series they like. And that "was a horrible terrible thing to do". Despite them doing it right now with their stories.

Nothing happened because nothing could happen. Despite how bad the little that was done was, it could have been better. A simple request to me to make characters that both fit in the world and who are well developed should have been easy. Using my ideas for that story, which weren't "purely original" but were interesting, could have made a better story. The world was such a one liner, it was like Percy Jackson but with everything beloved about the series stripped away and just a bunch of kids sitting around a camp fire. Not even jokes concerned the writer or story telling, because those would make for every other campfire themed story ever.

This is what happens, every piece that could make the story good and make the characters interesting was stripped away for a fragment of a core story that was honestly not the worst I've seen from the original creator. If I wanted to make my work "purely original" then everything would be stripped away. The characters, the emotion, the story itself, the world around them, the things that make the world more interesting. It would all be gone in favor for a tiny little piece of what it once was. Like a shell of a person who had lost their memories and personality. And who would never get those things back.