Ideas

Every idea has been done before, it's the execution of that idea or even mixture of ideas. No matter what you try, your story will always be similar to existing stories, and that's fine. There's nothing wrong with a story being similar to as long as it's not exactly the same. Then it becomes stealing.

To me, execution has always mattered more than ideas. Ideas are limited and there's not much you can do about that. A stellar story has usually been one done before but in a different way. For example, super hero stories about what it means to be a superhero.

Genres are the same, one by itself or a certain combination, all have been done before, nothing is original anymore so preaching for everything to be original is just meaningless. The best writers are those who are able to turn an already done idea into a great story. They're the people who do what's been done before in their own unique way that's interesting.

Anyone can write, anyone can write good or bad stories. Even boring ones. The boring ones are the ones everyone hates. I don't want to see the same thing over and over again by a writer. I don't want to see a writer only have one type execution for everything they write. I'm done reading about a story about a special girl who goes to the most boring school ever and goes home to find a book about a snake or a dragon, or I don't care. Three stories and they're all the same.

Execution or idea? What matters most to you? Having the same idea? That's fine. Having the same execution, nope. Not okay.