The Problem of Too Much In One Character

I've been watching a lot of the Overlord anime and seen how an OP character is done well. To get the whole story I think Ainz and the forces of Nazarick are enough to cover everything. But we'll be going into specifics of some powers, strengths and weapons.

I used to role play with some people who weren't the best; today I'll be talking about some of them, and another who was just an idiot.

Some Powers:

-Powers in Role Play

When it comes to power, a character needs training to wield it properly use it. I've stated before that "just because" is the worst reason for why a character is extremely powerful; in terms of Ains, the reason he's so powerful is because he's been fighting for so long and is level 100/100 with the use of the highest level skills and abilities. This is explained early in the anime and makes his character creditable as an Overlord.

But I've ranted about reason before; what I want to talk about is what happens when you create a character who is powerful. Now, back when I was role playing, I was playing with someone who was an idiot; they of course were a child, no specific age, but thought they could control the story. They made it so that their character was this OP dark lord who was protecting mine but was a third of the age of my character; let's just boil that down to pure stupidity because they're too stupid to actually make a good character that makes sense. Well, I created a power that was unique to my character and this dumbass tried to make it so that they're character could also use the power (without my permission) and said "it's in Dungeons and Dragons so I can use it too". No it wasn't, the power was made up by me. They thought is was illusions, but they were too stupid to know it was control over glass, and the worse part was that I told them that and they were still too stupid to understand. This person wanted their pathetic character to be better than mine (that's a trend with these kids) so put everything I made up for my character, into theirs and be stronger.

This is never good, some powers are specific to a certain character, and to copy that power then make it stronger because "no one can be better than my OC" is just plain retarded. This was before I knew what an OC was, so I went along with whatever dumpster fire this person was doing. I don't know what the thing is with making the most power character in the world less than 10 years; how does that make sense?

Strengths/Weaknesses:

Characters have strengths and weaknesses, unlike what those Mary Sue creators think, "no flaws". Whether in personality, actions, or power. A character can not be good at everything. This is what that Mary Sue creator did, the one who gave me the most trouble. They thought that characters shouldn't have weaknesses because "weaknesses makes a character stupid"; that's wrong, weaknesses are what can continue a story, make a character arc, make the character, lead a character to want to become better. If a character only has strengths, then what's the point of making them the main character people are supposed to relate to? It's like Mary Sue creators, they take themselves and remove everything that make a character relatable.

OP dark lord:

Whether or not it's "cool" to have an OP dark lord character depends on who they are as a person. (Cool is subjective.) What makes Ainz so great is that he's not just an Overlord, he's also at his core, human. He makes mistakes and he regrets some of his decisions; he even does stupid things that the others bring up, he's not perfect. He's an OP dark lord, but he's also just someone who wants to take care of his family. With the Mary Sue the person made, all they are is just a little brat who's for some reason this OP dark lord because "their sister said something mean to them" (yeah that's still pathetic). They have nothing that makes them likable, relatable or even interesting.

Even villains who aren't likable or relatable have to be interesting, or they're not a threat, they're just a figure meant to make it hard on the protagonists; and if they're all powerful and that's all they are, then they're boring to watch. All you see is just this OP dark lord fighting the protagonist with no reason to fight or to be against the protagonist; in simple words, they're just there because the creator is too stupid to make a good antagonist.