111 // TELEVISED VIDEO

DYLAN GRAHAM: Good evening ladies and gentlemen

DYLAN GRAHAM: Good evening ladies and gentlemen. We are currently filming from Lana Mackenzie's home in Malibu. Lana, thank you for agreeing to speak with me.

LANA MACKENZIE: Thank you for having me on your show, Dylan.

D.G.: I don't think we need to beat around the bush. Audiences know why we're having this interview and I believe you'd prefer to jump right into it?

L.M.: I'd appreciate that. I'm here to set the record straight on all the things that were said about me these last few weeks. I never thought the day would come where I'd have to talk about this in public but I believe I owe my fans an explanation, at least.

D.G.: Alright then. Let's get straight into it: Lana, is it true that you've been struggling with an alcohol addiction?

L.M.: Yes, I have struggled with alcoholism, but I've been sober for four years now.

D.G.: Tell us more about it. When did it all begin?

L.M.: To tell you the truth, I have always been prone to taking my drinking too far. I still had a handle on it at the start of my career but the more I progressed in Hollywood circles, the harder it became to control my drinking. You don't really notice it at first. It's gradual. But by 2005-2006, it became clear to me and the people around me that I was spiralling out of control.

D.G.: People have noticed clear fluctuations in your performances on screen. You've had an international success with the City Lights franchise but none of your performances have quite lived up to it. Would you say it was partly caused by your alcoholism?

L.M.: Oh, definitely. City Lights was in 2004. I was still in control at the time. After that, the drinking started to affect my everyday life and naturally it wasn't long before it started to affect my career.

D.G.: What did a day on set look like when you were at your lowest?

L.M.: (shifts uncomfortably in her seat) Since we're being honest... at my lowest I would show up on set either drunk or hungover. I couldn't memorise my lines and the acting was... mediocre at best. It's very difficult for me to look back on the movies I made during that period of my life. It feels like looking at a different person.

D.G.: I can imagine. But you met your former husband during that time?

L.M.: I did, yes. We met, got together and were married within a year. It was very quick but frankly the relationship was the realest thing in my life at the time.

D.G.: Do you regret it considering it ended in a very public divorce?

L.M.: I don't regret any of it. My ex-husband and I didn't have the healthiest relationship but we did love each other for a while. Most importantly, he is the father of my son. I can never regret that.