Chapter 36

-April

"April you look seriously amazing."            

 "That's the third time you've said that Chris." I laugh and look back at him from the front.    

"Are we almost here?" I ask watching Alex drive.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               "We're here now. Look." Alex says. I look outside and see a big manor. It looks very modern and is lit up by little white lights surrounding the exterior. This place looks so familiar. Alex drives towards a man and gets out. He jogs over to my side and opens the door for me.   

"Thank you." I say and take his hand. 

"I'll just open my own door I guess." Chris huffs and gets out. Alex gives the keys to a man and he drives away with his car.        

 "Isn't valet a bit over the top?" I ask.          

 "Rich people are over the top." Alex reply's which makes me and Chris raise our brows at him.     

  "Shut up both of you." He says to me and Chris who are now laughing. "Let's go in." He puts his arm around my waist and we walk in.

"This is very over the top." I whisper. Inside everything is gold and very flashy. These people were obviously very over the top people. The place is completely packed with people, I see the a couple of people with cameras walking around snapping pictures of people. Then I notice Calum, Alex's dad walking towards us.

"April, Alexander and Christian! How lovely that you came." He says, Chris and Alex give him a little head nod.       

"Of course. This is all quite extravagant." I say while looking around.     

 "Yes well you only get engaged once." He smiles and I frown. I can feel Alex look down at me waiting for me to react but I quickly mask my frown with a smile.          

"Yep. You only get engaged once." I say quietly with a smile. "I think I'm going to get something to drink."            

 "Do you want me to come?" Alex whispers in my ear.           

 "You two socialise." I say to Chris and Alex, loud enough so Calum can hear. "I'll come and find you." I smile at all three of them and walk to the small bar.

"What can I get you?" The bartender asks.

 "Just water please." I say and he nods.

"April James." I hear an oddly familiar voice. The sound of this voice makes me feel uneasy. I turn around with a smile but my expression immediately drops when I see him. 

"What are you doing here Steven." I seethe and look at him. Landon's father. The most repulsive human ever.        

"You look beautiful as ever. How old are you? 25? It's been 5 years." He comes closer to me, I try to walk back but I can't because the bar is behind me. He starts touching my hair and whispers in my ear. His breath smells of a mixture of cigarettes and alcohol.          

"You've grown up, so sexy." He breathes. I turn my face away from his. "Do you think about it because I do. In the night. When my wife's sleeping." He runs his fingers on my arm and I immediately jerk away.   

"Touch me again and I'll tell your wife and the police about you!" I snap, he smirks.      

 "I'll see you later April. Be sure to congratulate the happy couple." He grins and walks away. I turn around and see the bartender look at me.     

"Can you give me something strong?" I ask, he just nods and gets to making my drink.

I'm on my second drink and I feel uneasy. I've never had a lot of alcohol before. I tried a sip of beer on my 18th birthday and hated it. I also hated the idea that alcohol could make me act stupid but here I am. Drinking alcohol.            

 "April you okay?" I see Chris appear in front of me. I nod and wave my hand at the bartender to give me another drink.          

"Are you drinking?" He asks with a worried look on his face.     

"You betcha!" I exclaim and take a sip of the drink. Chris takes it out of my hand and smells it.      

  "You don't drink and this smells like crap."    

"I didn't realise you were the alcohol police." I frown and cross my arms.      

 "How much has she had?" Chris asks the bartender.      

  "2 pints of tequila, vodka and whiskey mixed together. She asked for it."  He replies. 

"What the heck is wrong with you!" Chris exclaims and puts his hand around my waist. "No wonder you can't hold your alcohol." He says in a low voice.

We walk over to a group of people and I see Alex. He's laughing and looks so good. Does he always look this attractive? Chris laughs. Crap did I say that out loud?           

 "Xander." Chris says getting Alex's attention. He looks at me and Chris and walks over to us.   

"She's on the verge of being wasted." Chris says while adjusting his grip on my waist.  

"How? We've literally been here for 20 minutes and she doesn't drink." Alex looks at me angrily.  

 "Yeah well I spoke to the bartender. She's been drinking a mix of whiskey, tequila and vodka." Chris says. Alex shakes his head and mouths a word. It looks like fudge but it's probably the f word.    

"If I let go of her she's going to fall. I don't know what go into her." Chris says also shaking his head.           

 "Hey!" I exclaim, catching both of their attention. "You didn't tell me my ex's rapist father would be here!" I poke Alex's torso and he grabs my hand.       

"What did you just say?" Alex asks sternly. "Chris leave me and April." Before Chris can object Alex takes me from Chris's arms and looks at me intensely.         

 "What did you just say?" Alex asks again.

"Alexander Reed?" A woman's voice says from in front of us. She is stunning, like a model. Her face features are perfection and her long platinum blonde hair is shining.   

 "Gwendolyn?" Alex asks with a shocked look on his face and I gasp. This is her?       

"It's been years. Who would've thought you'd be at my engagement party." She says with a smile on her face but a dark look in her eyes.       

"You're-you're engagement party?" Alex stammers.   

 "Here comes my fiance right now." She says and turns to look at the man walking towards us. I look at him and notice her looks familiar but I can't make out his face properly yet. As he gets closer and stops walking I gasp.  

"Landon?"