Chapter 38

-April

I reach out to my bedside table and try to grab my phone. But there's no table. I open my eyes and squint at the light coming through the windows. I rub my eyes then open them and realise, this isn't my apartment. I look down and see that I'm wearing a long white top that stops at the top of my thigh. I get up and walk out of the room.

I'm introduced to a big living room. The windows are so big that the sun in shining in at every angle. I walk down the wooden steps and admire my surroundings. To my left there is a staircase with...Glass stairs? I walk ever further and see the ginormous kitchen that's all black. Everything in this place is black, furniture wise. If it wasn't for the ginormous windows, it would look like a vampire was living here. 

"Good morning." I turn around and see a shirtless Alex just wearing grey jogging bottoms. His chest is glistening in the sunlight as is his hair which looks darker because it's wet.    

"Where are we?" I ask.       

"My penthouse. Where I live-ed before I met you." He stammers.     

"It's very nice. Why would you give this up for my apartment?"      

"This place doesn't come with you."                

"Smooth." I laugh.

"Are you okay?" Alex asks while walking closer to me. "Last night was intense."

"I'm okay. I finally got closure and everyone knows." I smile at Alex.  

"You know you can move back here. You don't have to live with me, this place is amazing." I say while admiring everything.       

"Why don't you move in with me here then?" He asks.     

"Me? Here?"         

"Yeah why not? It's closer to work for the both of us. There are enough rooms for the two of us and there are many guestrooms. You deserve a place like this." 

"I don't know. This is all so extravagant."      

"April." He cups my face, "Everyone needs extravagance in their life. It's your turn."  

"I'll think about it." I sigh.      

He releases my face and looks at me.  

"I'm going to take you on a date today."    

 "Are you asking me or telling me?" I laugh.    

"If I ask, you have the opportunity to say no so I'm telling you."  

  "I can still say no." I add.         

"If we go back months ago to the night of the gala I actually bid a hefty amount of money for a date with you. So in reality, you owe me." He smiles proudly.    

"Whatever." I roll my eyes and hold back a smile.

"I'm going to shower and change then we can go on this date." He says.    

"Already." I ask, looking down at my watch. "It's only not even 1 pm yet."     

"We are spending the whole day together." He smiles and walks away. "This is going to be the best date you've ever been on Apricot!" 

I laugh and shake my head. Thank you, universe.