Dakota

Most of the evening was spent on more comfortable topics; what had happened in the pack during Dakota's short absense, if anyone else's heat had begun, how certain hunts were going, and what the elders were up to. Occasionally the conversation would drift back to the issue at hand, but with the flow of drinks being spread around the room and the tension having left long ago, it was easy to be persuaded to relax. The brunette wasn't a lightweight, but even he had begun to feel a steady buzz by the time his subordinates were gathering their things to leave. Escorting them to the door, Koda made his way back into the living room and shut the slider he'd left open earlier. Locking the glass door and drawing the curtains, the dog turned around just in time to see Zachary smirking at him from the kitchen. At the accusation thrown his way, Dakota begrudgingly felt his face heat up; curse Oliver and his big mouth. "It's not like it was all the time..." He muttured, the ears atop his head flattening in a guilty manner as he rubbed at the back of his neck. That was entirely a lie of course. There wasn't a day that went by where the wolf hadn't been either thinking about his rival or complaining about him to his packmates. Narrowing his eyes a little and making a disgruntled face as Zachary called him cute, Koda kept still and allowed his mate to wrap his strong arms around his neck. His cheeks were still a little flushed, but canine didn't pull away. How could he? The other male looked so inviting and seductive without even trying. Humming his agreement into their kiss, Dakota rested his hands on Zachary's hips and pulled the man closer. Their mouths tasted strongly of liquor, but the wolf could care less in that instant and pushed forward until his pierced tongue was sliding past the vampire's cool lips. His tail flicked eagerly behind his back, and the tips of his fingers wiggled their way underneath the hem of the immortal's shirt. “I thought you’d never ask.” He murmured against the other’s lips with a smirk, stepping forward until he had his mate pressed up against the living room wall.