Dakota

Dakota’s grip on his coffee mug tightened to an almost painful point, his knuckles whitening and his icy blue eyes taking on a more somber tone. He kept his mouth shut to let Zachary speak, but he disagreed wholeheartedly with what his mate said. Werewolves were nothing like vampires, and the mutt had his fair share of reasons for thinking so. There was of course their instinctual reasons for hating each other, inclinations that they were more or less born with thanks to their ancestors. But for Koda, his resentment stemmed from a much more personal experience - and from the look on Zachary’s face, the other male’s did as well. Doing his best to be unbiased and keep an open mind about things, Dakota processed the information given to him carefully. Having finished his coffee almost instantly from how on edge he was feeling, the wolf placed both of his elbows on the table and rested his chin on his knuckles. “Wait, wait- Go back a second. You’ll die if you’re too far away from me? How far are we talking?” The canine inquired, his brows furrowing together in disbelief. This particular information had given the young man some mixed feelings. On one hand, his more possessive side was thrilled by the idea of Zachary not being able to wonder off. But on the flip side, how in the Hell were they supposed to keep this whole thing a secret if they couldn’t even part ways? Hiding a bite mark was one thing, but an entire person? Yeah, a little more of a challenge.