Chapter 6- Double Date

🥝💜🥝

🥝💜🥝

DIANA'S POV

"I'll be updating you from time to time, don't worry!" I loudly say over the phone. I'm currently riding a twenty-minute pump boat trip to one of the three Boat Stations on White Beach, which is on the west coast of Boracay Island. 

"I'm really gonna miss you." 

The sound of waves is making my phone conversation with Veronica a little choppy.

"Come on, Vee. We're gonna be home by Friday. It's just for three days lang naman." The boat finally halts into a stop as it reaches the coast. "Oops, wait, we're gonna pull up now." I stand up to prepare for disembarkment.

"Okay. Take care and enjoy, Dee. And oh, love you."

My smile fades as she utters those words again. The emotions in her words are so transparent I can really feel it. I don't know why but being loved by a girl feels way more genuine than being loved by a guy. I always think that the latter is only after the physical attraction and I really don't connect with them at all.

"I-I love you too..." I just find myself saying it back. We have been officially dating for the past week and I have never felt this...secured. I initially had doubts about my feelings for her. I thought my attraction to her was not enough and that I'm not ready for a commitment yet but being able to live with her made me realize that this is actually what I needed in my life. The fact that we were close friends before being lovers does help a lot because of our established connection and comfort with each other.

After trudging my way to the main hall, I immediately look for my brother and the others.

Standing inside the hall in the midst of all these people, my teeth start chattering when my eyes finally found David.

Why would you be nervous to see your own brother, Diana?

He's falling in line for the registration, wearing an open white shirt, glasses, and a red bandanna on his head. There's a lot of people around; locals and tourists. I squint my eyes and recognize the guy beside him who is wearing a cap backward, sleeveless shirt and floral shorts; he's no other than Sky who is currently talking to a woman who I presume is Franki but she has her back on me.

Sky notices me when I start to approach them, my hands kind of shaking for some reason. Franki looks back and my heartbeat accelerates, forcing me to wear a smile. She slides her sunnies down her nose bridge and energetically waves at me.

"Diana!" she calls out in her familiar, crispy voice.

My eyes casually rake her form from head to toe as she skips her way towards me. I can't deny the fact that this girl is really a stunner. Whenever you look at her, everyone else around her blurs out. She's like a hot ball of sunshine that radiates all over the place.