Chapter 23 - Ride With me

The soundtrack for this chapter is attached above. You can play it later according to the scene. Enjoy!

🥝💜🥝

FRANKI'S POV

"Whoa...Watch where you're going, Doll." A deep, male voice and that sexy smirk almost made me tripped, but these strong arms were able to hold me on time.

I look up at him again and immediately recognize him. He's the guy who eyed me when we came. I suddenly wonder where he was all this time?

"Sorry," I reluctantly answer with an uncomfortable smile. I am about to leave but his muscular arm extends out in front of me all of a sudden, blocking my way.

"I'm Derrick, by the way," he speaks in a lazy but cool tone while offering his hand at me. I then reluctantly receive it. He gives it a not so gentle squeeze while piercing me with his laser-like gaze.

"Franki,"

He turns away to bring the beer cup on his mouth before responding, "Yeah, I know."

I actually want to go now...

"Dave's your boyfriend, huh?"

"Yeah. Are you his friend too?" I ask in a dismissive tone.

"Nah, I'm Gino's half-brother. My dad's half-Italian and my mom has some Spanish descent."

That explains his features but I don't remember asking him about it?

"I'm actually a popular actor here with 769k followers on IG," he steps closer toward me and I inwardly gasp when I felt my back touching the wall.

I swear the air current is stronger on this spot right here?

"Oh...why am I not surprised?" I look up at him with a wary smile as he looms over me.

"Let me get this straight, Franki." he cuts off to have another sip on his red cup then nibbles on his lip before continuing, "I think you're fucking hot. Mind to have some fun upstairs? I'm sure Gino won't mind."

Seriously?

Feeling totally insulted, I boldly scoffed right in front of his face. What he just said had finally reached my toll. With all the strength that I could muster, I pull him away from me as hard as I can, taking him by utter surprise.

"Enough is enough! Diana lang! (Only Diana!)"

It was actually a scream more than an exclamation.

"Diana who? Jeez girl, what the fuck are you talking about?"

"Sorry," I flash out a peace sign at him before running away like some zombies are after me.

"Wait—Where are you going?" I heard him calling after me, but I didn't dare to look back. I just need to get away from these weird people here.

I desperately sprint out the mansion, walk around the fountain area and sit on the ground while leaning on the base of the fountain seat. With trembling fingers, I again send Diana a text message.

"diana...pls. I'm crying already. i badly need you! 🥺💔"

I felt a heaviness in my chest when it has been like fifteen minutes but I still didn't get a reply from her yet. I bathe myself under the moonlight as I wait for her to arrive...even if she actually won't.

I have been aching to leave this place so bad. I just feel so alone, so helpless and lost...

"diana...pls 🥺"