Chapter 17 - Ready For It

🥝💜🥝

🥝💜🥝

DIANA'S POV

"Oh my God, is she flirting with the Alger?" Dean comments with his intrigued eyes passing over my shoulder, making my jaw tighten at the information. I don't need to look back and confirm it because I am aware that Franki has been talking to Alger for like fifteen minutes now. That guy has probably taken out a lot of girls from here but I kinda think that he's not Franki's type. He's quite popular here and there are rumors that he is a fuckboy. 

I am really trapped in a very tricky situation right now. Vee has been throwing silent tantrums since this afternoon because her car broke down and she took a Grab car to Uptown and bought our gift for Jamela alone. We initially planned to go to the mall together but I have been ignoring her calls because some unplanned stuff happened because of Franki. I mean, I have already expected this to happen but I thought I would be able to handle it.

Vee was still mad at me when Franki and I arrived. I tried to make it up to her but Franki is not helping me. Both were really clingy and I didn't know what to do. A part of me was inwardly relieved when Franki went to the bar because the tension was killing me. I don't want Vee to get mad at me and besides, it's Jamela's birthday today so the last thing that we want to happen is for it to be ruined.

"Hindi sila magka level. (He's not on her level)," I nonchalantly say after puffing out another wisp of vape. Mark gives me another weird look again, and I roll my eyes at him. He and I have this special kind of connection too so I won't be surprised if he noticed my thing with Franki.

"She seems to be flirty, noh?"  I almost coughed on the smoke upon hearing Vee's comments in between chewing the nachos.

"I think it's just a normal behavior given that she's from Australia, right?" Lea, Vee's older sister slides in and the others agree.

"It's just her personality. She's really sweet and clingy to everyone." I respond with defense while resisting the urge to turn to the direction of the bar one more time.

Vee picks up the shot glass, brings it to her lips, gulps it down in one second and puts it down on the table in a loud thud.

"I can see that," she comments as she stares back at me. Dean must have noticed that the conversation might lead to something triggering so he changed the topic. They have been talking about our friend from the US while I am dying to check on Franki. I take my phone out and act like it has magically transformed into a mirror but the actual thing is, I am checking Franki out from behind me through the reflection on the screen.

Alger is pointing towards the direction of the restroom. He then hands her a tissue. She bounces out from the stool and walks toward the implied direction. My hands and teeth start to tremble as the urge to follow her starts to eat up the whole of me.

On impulse, I just found myself standing up.

Vee looks up at me and takes a hold of my arm, "Where are you going?"