Chapter 42 - Heart Eyes

🥝💜🥝

🥝💜🥝

DIANA'S POV

"And so are you. That's why you need to get yourself a boyfriend already," My brother brings the stupid topic again and I am near to losing my shit.

I so want to scream these words right now:

"I'm fucking gay for fuck's sake and I love my brother's girlfriend!" but I have to continue my best talent which is the art of self-control.

With a fake smile on my lips, I wipe some crumbs of food off of them with the table napkin before turning to David,

"Why don't you mind your own business, Dave?"

From the corner of my eye, I can see Franki leaning back on her chair, her face transparent of worry and frustration. She really hates seeing people arguing and fighting but it's her boyfriend who started it. He would always start it and then blame it on me...

"I second the motion!" Arvie raises her hand. "I mean, Diana needs to get a boyfriend A-S-A-P!"

 Ugh, here she goes again.

Arvie's actually my favorite cousin. She has the best fashion sense and style and I always love to hang out in her nail boutique and spa in town as they have the cutest designs and the coolest fake nails ever! But one thing that peeves me out about her is that she always loves to push me into having a boyfriend. She thinks I'm a sponge that she'll have to squeeze every time we see each other so I can pop out some intriguing news to her. She has always been intrigued with my love life which she labels as mysterious. She is my self-proclaimed cupid and she would usually match all the cute guys with me. Sometimes, she still pushes me with my ex-boyfriend of four years even though he's married now. 

Oh, please.

She's my closest cousin but I don't know why I'm scared to tell her that I'm actually gay. I think she's open naman but I'm worried that it might reach Mommy or Tita Kelly and all our relatives all over the world. 

It won't hurt to be cautious with the people around you. You all have the right to choose who you are gonna share your thoughts and secrets with anyway.

Arvie is also close to Veronica and Dean but she has no idea about what's actually going on... 

"Uhm, hello? I'm here!" Sky reminds us of his existence for the nth time. 

Oh my God, can he stop being so annoying even just for once?

"Shut your mouth, Bro. We're talking about a real boyfriend here." David surprisingly retaliates which made everyone turn to him in question. 

Wait lang... what was that all about?

"What do you mean by that?" Sky asks with both perfect eyebrows arched down. The palpable tension between David and I transfers between them, and they now got everyone's attention. I don't want to ruin Mommy's special day for these petty things so I have to do something.