Chapter 29 - Call Your Name

🥝💜🥝

🥝💜🥝

FRANKI'S POV

"Hello?" Diana finally answers Veronica's call and I just stand here in front of her, breathing nervously and dying inside.

"Oh my gosh, really? I-I am in the middle of something here actually but..."

I nod my head at her, urging her to go ahead but yeah, it actually fucking hurts.

Her gaze on me sharpens. She then blinks as the muscles in her jaw visibly ticks in an unspoken tension.

"Okay. I will be there ASAP," she finally answers without leaving my eyes.

"What happened?" I curiously ask, peering on her face when she abruptly ends the call.

"Nothing," she lowly replies, emotionless.

"Diyanuhh..." I follow her a she turns around.

"It's nothing, Franki. I have to go na." she says as she starts picking her things up again, and the gesture caused a sharp pain in my chest.

"But—"

I trail off when she immediately opens the door without any further words and my vision suddenly clouds with wetness the moment she shuts it right in front of my face.

The sound of it closing has made me feel like I have been slapped in the face...hard.

And now, I'm all alone...empty and disappointed with her decision and more with myself.

I mean...I didn't expect that she will be easily persuaded. I close my eyes and press my palms and forehead against the door as I let this internal battle take over me with tears threatening to roll down my chest.

Oh, Diana... What did you do to me?

I am kind of straight...Until she came. And now, I'm as straight as a circle and I'm afraid...

...so damn afraid because these feelings are so intense and this is the first time that I have felt this way to someone.

And now, she's going to Veronica...who is apparently her girlfriend.

No.

No, no, no! What have I done?!

I immediately open the door and search for her in the hallway but she is nowhere to be seen. I run toward the elevators and frantically press on the ground floor button. I am tapping my foot impatiently as the elevator drags me down to the desired floor.

She might be still in the building...She should be, darn it!

I rush to the lobby as soon as the elevator ejects me but I cannot see her familiar form anywhere. I head to the entrance doors and look for her anywhere, my eyebrows arching with hope, regret, longing, and sadness all in one frame.