{BAD... 55}

One Year Later...

Thursday Afternoon~

Michael's POV:

"One thousand fifty-eight, one thousand fifty nine..."

Andre and I counted the money out loud. We'd just come back from a drug deal. One of the biggest we've ever done. We sold fifty eight ounces. That can make you a lot of money.

I lost count when I was interrupted by a tiny, high pitched voice calling out for me.

"Daddy! Daddy!" Paris called as she ran into the kitchen holding a plate with fake food from her kitchen set. She began frantically tugging at my leg.

"Yes Paris?"

She held the plate up to me. "Food!" She said simply.

"For me?" I played along. She nodded. "Eat."

I grabbed the plastic apple from the plate and took a huge, but fake bite.

"Mmm." I hummed in approval. "It's delicious!"

"Don't eat it all!" She chastised. "Mommy needs some too."

Well, excuse me then.

Valentina came running into the kitchen with an empty cup from the set. She ran up to Andre, distracting him from his money counting.

He looked angry at her for interrupting her, but he cracked a small smile when he looked at her.

"Drink!" She said waving the cup in the air. If there was an actual drink in there, it would've been all over the kitchen floor.

He took the cup and faked taking a sip. He nodded his head. "It's good." He said plainly.

They both smiled at us before running out of the kitchen and back into their playroom.

That was the life we lived. Having two toddlers in the house that are ten months apart was the balance we needed.

I chuckled and shook my head. "Those two." I said. "Just like they were intended to be. Playmates."

I turned back to the money on the counter. "I lost count. I'm not about to go through all of that again." I said.

Andre nodded. "Just throw it in the stash. It doesn't even matter."

I stacked the money and secured it with a rubber band.

I went upstairs and into Alexis and I's room to throw it in the drawer of cash.

"How much did you guys make?" Alexis asked as she entered the room.

I shrugged. "We lost count. Paris and Valentina insisted on us eating their food." I said.

She laughed. "They fed you too?"

I nodded. "I just play along. What else can you do anyways?"

Alexis sauntered further into the room and sat on the bed. She began fidgeting with her engagement ring.

"Is everything okay?" I asked.

She shrugged. "Yeah... I've just been thinking." She said.

"About?"