{BAD... 28}

Tuesday Morning~

Alexis's POV:

Michael smiled softly showing a glimpse of his perfect teeth. "I won't. I'm just trying to win you back."

I gave up. My heart melted. But I didn't let him know that.

"That also means that I should never catch you and Sasha in some shit like that again." I said.

"I'm sure I won't want to after this. Promise." He responded.

I nodded. "Good boy. Now I have a few questions." I said, holding my hand up. He nodded. "Ask away."

"Where the hell are you taking me? I'm tired of getting dragged around and not knowing where the fuck I'm going." I said.

He chuckled. "So aggressive." He mumbled. "But since you asked, I'm taking you to a private island a little off the coast of the Caribbean." He said.

My eyes widened. "A private island?" I marveled. "How the hell do you have so much money?"

He laughed. "I didn't buy it. Some guys couldn't pay me his debt, so he gave me that island he received as his inheritance from his grandfather." He said.

I raised a brow. "His inheritance?" I asked. He nodded. "Yeah. It was the only thing that would  suffice for all the money he owed."

"And you didn't feel bad about taking what was passed onto him?"

He shrugged. "Not really. It's a great money maker. I rent it out to people for millions."

I rolled my eyes. "You are sick."

"But you like it." He winked. I pointed my finger in his face. "Slow your roll. You haven't won me back yet."

He threw his hands up in surrender. "I know, I know. But I promise you, once we come back, it'll be different. I'm willing to change myself, as crazy as that may sound." He said.

I giggled. "We'll have to see." I said. "When are we going?"

"Tomorrow. I'm pushing all my businesses aside for you. It's the craziest shit I've ever done." He said.

"Well why me?" I asked. "I don't understand. You've probably had countless women over the years and you move heaven and hell for me."

He shrugged. "You give me a feeling that I've never felt before. I can't fully explain what it is, but I like it. And I'm pretty sure you know when I want something I'll move heaven, hell, earth, and even kill people for it,"

I nodded. "I do know."

"Exactly." He said. "And you're one thing that brings it out of me."

I finally let myself smile. If he can be sentimental and venerable with me, I definitely can be the same with him.

I pulled him into a hug that he accepted instantly. "You've got me all excited for this get away." I admitted.

He smiled. "Trust me. I'll make sure it's everything you want and more."

Wednesday Morning~

"Alexis! You have to be at least close to being done!" Michael called from downstairs.

"I'm still packing! You didn't give me that much of a notice to prepare in time!" I yelled back.

I heard him chuckle. "We'll only be there for five days. You don't need that much."

I rolled my eyes and threw the clothes that were in my hand into the bag. It took be about an hour to pack for a five day trip.

I finally came downstairs and met Michael who was patiently, or impatiently waiting for me on the couch.

He stood up and walked toward me. "Now are you ready?"

I held the bag in his face. "I guess."

He playfully rolled his eyes at me. "Phil is probably waiting on us. We've got to go." He said.

He took my bag in one hand and held my hand in the other.

"Now aren't you guys so cute!" Maria cooed. Carlos laughed. "Yeah, they want to be like us." He teased.

That's true, Carlos. I'd love to have what you and Maria have.

Michael waved him off. "We'll be better than you two once we get back." He said. He turned and looked at me. I gave him a soft, reassuring smile.

I wasn't too sure if that was actually the case, but I hoped it was.

"Cmon, let's go." He said. I followed him outside to the truck, still holding tightly onto his hand.

Andre drove us to the open field where the helicopter dropped us off when we first arrived.

Michael and I stepped out of the car, still holding onto each other's hand.

Andre laughed at us. "Y'all can't even let go of each other? You better not come back pregnant."

He rolled his eyes. "Got it, Dre. Now beat it."

Andre complied and pulled out of the field after waving goodbye.

Michael and I stood with our eyes to the sky as we waited for a helicopter to come into sight. It didn't take long for us to start hearing loud propellers in the air.

He descended downward toward us.

"Where are the other fellas at, Mike?" Phil asked. Michael shook his head. "They're staying here. It's just me and her."

Phil raised a brow. "Just you two? Alone on an island?"

Michael cocked his head to the side. "Yes. Now if I were you, I'd stop asking questions before you get an answer you wouldn't want to hear." He said.

Michael glanced at me from the side of his eye with a slight smirk. I knew what he was insinuating with that comment to Phil.

I wasn't against it.

Phil dropped the subject and let us onto the chopper.

Michael helped me up onto the ledge and held me close to him in the backseat. I leaned into him, enjoying the feeling of being in his arms.

He held me there as we ascended and as we soared through the air. He did not let go. Not once.

I'm glad he didn't. Even after all the shit he's put me through in such a short time, the safest place I could be was in his arms.