{BAD... 39}

Sunday Night~

Alexis's POV:

Blood splattered as Alvaro fell to the ground. Dead.

I looked around the room at all the people I'd just stunned. I never pulled anything like that. I was surprised at myself too. I never did anything so brutal before. I'd never killed someone in cold blood before.

I was just so incredibly angry. I had to let it out. Honestly, after shooting this man to his death, I felt much better.

I placed the gun back on the desk. I began walking to door and stepped over his dead body. "Andre, handle the body. Let's go." I ordered.

I felt like a boss. I felt untouchable. I was just broken down by watching my boyfriend kiss on another woman, and after letting out that rage on someone, I felt like a boss.

That's sick and twisted. But I didn't give a shit.

Michael ran out of the office after me and grabbed my arm. I yanked my arm away.

"Don't you fucking touch me!" I screamed.

"No listen, it's not what you think I'm going to say." He said. I rolled my eyes. "Then what bullshit do you have to say?"

"What you just did was sick. I know you hate me right now, but I'll just ask that you stay. You need to stay so we can possibly work together. We need you." He said.

I raised a brow. "Someone that kills in cold blood and blind rage? You all do that. You don't need me." I said. I turned to walk away again but he spun me back around.

"It doesn't matter. The way we live, if we can have more cold blooded killers, then it's only better for everyone." He said.

"And why should I give a shit about any of you? Especially you! There's no way I'm sticking around for someone who isn't my boyfriend anymore." I said.

I saw a slight flash of hurt in his eyes. "You need to stay with us. If you go away, they'll find you, they'll catch you, and you'll be back behind bars. And you actually did kill someone this time. We're your only protection."

I rolled my eyes. "Fine. But it's fairly clear that we're over, correct?"

He nodded. "I figured."

I turned around to walk away. He finally let me.

"And Alexis," He called. I rolled my eyes again and turned around abruptly. "What do you want?"

He bit his lip. "I'm sorry."

Yeah, I heard that before.

"Mhmm. Whatever."

I turned around and walked outside to the truck. I opened the door and waited in the backseat.

As much of a boss I felt like, I also felt like shit. I was heartbroken. I was angry at first, but now I was sad. It hadn't even been a day, and things were back to how they were before. I was getting dragged around by Michael, and constantly getting hurt my him too.

I gave myself a good two minutes to cry. I had to get myself together quickly. They were coming back to the truck.

~

We walked into the house and everyone was silent.

Maria instantly picked up on the fact that something was wrong. I stayed behind in the kitchen as they all walked into another room.

"What happened?" She asked hesitantly.

I broke down. I cried on her shoulder for five minutes before I was even able to to tell her what was wrong.

"Michael... it couldn't even last a day." A sniffed. Maria gave me a look of sympathy.

"Oh, Bonita. What did he do?"

I sighed. "I caught him with Michelle."

She shook her head. "He can just never seem to get it right can he?"

"He can't. And I don't understand it."

"It's not because of you. There's nothing else you can do besides move on." She said.

I wiped my eyes. "True, but sadly I can't go anywhere. Michael is the only person protecting me, and he says he needs me to stay because..."

"Because what?" She asked.

I sighed. "I killed Alvaro in my rage at Michael. He said he needs that from me for the benefit of us all. So I can't leave."

Maria's eyes widened. "I would've never expected that from you." She said.

I shook my head. "'Me either."

She placed her hand on my shoulder. "Well think about it like this. Because you can't leave, it'll be best if you try not to hate him. Talk it out with him. Tell him how you feel, and how you want to move forward."

Even though I was crying, the boss feeling hadn't left. I nodded. "Thank you, Maria. I'm going to go tell his ass."

I walked out of the kitchen and toward the back patio. I knew he'd be there sitting on one of the chairs by the pool.

He jumped as if I startled him when I stood over him with my arms crossed.

"Can I talk to you for a minute?" I asked. He nodded. "Go ahead." He said hesitantly.

"So I understand that I'm trapped here and can't leave because of your protection and my apparent cold blooded killing skills, so I'm going to decide to not hate you." I said.

He seemed relieved. "I'd like that."

"Being together romantically is something that you simply cannot do, so I'd like to just get along as friends."

He nodded in agreement. "Partners in crime."

I chuckled lightly. "Yes, exactly." I smiled.

How am I smiling with this man who I just hated not too long ago? I felt my emotions and feelings slipping away from me. I became emotionless and only felt what was relevant to the moment. Kind of like how Michael is. I'm turning into him. That's scary.

It was going to happen eventually. We're living the same life. He's adapted in that way for a reason. It's no surprise that I'd follow right in his lead.

If being a sick, twisted, demented killer like Michael was going to keep me alive, then so be it.