{BAD... 54}

Friday Night~

Alexis's POV:

I knocked on the door of Valentina's nursery.

"Come in." Maria's soft voice called back.

I slowly opened the door and saw Maria's sitting in the chair next to the crib, rocking
baby Valentina to sleep.

"She's so adorable." I said quietly so I didn't wake her. Maria nodded in agreement. "I've only just had her, but she's my entire world."

I giggled. "Enjoy these times of rocking her to sleep. Before you know it, she'll start choosing her daddy over the one who birthed her."

Maria raised a brow. "I'll kill Carlos if he ever became the favorite."

We both laughed.

"I'll catch you later, Maria. I'll let you two have mother, daughter bonding time. Value it." I said.

She nodded and blew me a kiss. "Thank you." She said.

I smiled before closing the door softly behind me.

I walked down the hallway and peeked into Paris's room. She slept soundly in her crib, snuggling with her teddy bear. Michael had latched the windows, turned on a nightlight, and made sure the baby monitor was on.

I smiled to myself. He did a good job making sure our baby girl was absolutely safe.

I walked down the stairs and into the living room. Michael sat on the couch watching the American news channel with the baby monitor on the table in front of him.

"She looked peaceful." I said.

He glanced toward me and chuckled. "It took a while. She kept on trying to play with me, and I gave in for a little while until I really had to force her to go to sleep." He said.

I sat down next to him. "She's like that, but you did a good job. Windows latched, nightlight on, baby monitor. She's safe. That's all we want is for her to be safe."

I had to say it twice to convince myself. He did everything right. Her windows were locked and the baby monitor was on. She was definitely safe. There was just a burning sense of mother's intuition.

I hadn't been wrong in the past.

I still decided to ignore it. She was okay. The baby monitor was right there and it would only be a short trip to her room.

"I had to talk Carlos off the ledge earlier." Michael said, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"He's all nervous about fatherhood. I told him it's a joy, especially with a daughter." He said.

I laughed. "You were the same way. But look at you now."

He nodded. "That's my point. I feel like the mothers have an easier time adjusting to a baby. It was inside of them for nine months, and then there's mother's intuition. It's never wrong." He said. He wrapped his arm around me and kissed my forehead. "That's how we've kept Paris safe."

I nodded. "Right."

It's never wrong.

That's how we've kept Paris safe.

God damnit, Alexis. She's fine.

I sighed deeply through my nose and leaned into Michael for comfort. He gave me a reassuring squeeze.

"Four fugitive prisoners still on loose. Here are their names and pictures."

The mugshots of Michael, Andre, Carlos, and me were shown on the TV screen.

Michael chuckled to himself. "Damn, do I look good in that mugshot." He said.

I giggled. He definitely did.

"They were last seen escaping in a helicopter in an open field in Mexico. If anyone has any knowledge of their whereabouts, please contact your local police department."

Michael grabbed the remote and switched the Tv off. "Little do they know, we're on a whole other continent." He said, laughing to himself.

I smiled. "They have to be losing hope. Deep down, they know they'll never catch us." I said.

"We're just too damn good." He said, rubbing his nose against mine.

"Way to fucking good." I agreed.

I caressed his cheek and pulled him into a kiss. We got way too excited way too quickly.

He ended up on top of me, slowly grinding his hips against mine. I matched his pace in perfect rhythm.

We barely had time for this anymore since we had a baby to take care of. That only made us enjoy our moments together all the more.

But things never went well for us for a long period of time. Obviously.

We stopped when we heard a loud crash from upstairs, almost like a window breaking.

A cry sounded from the baby monitor on the table.

Michael and I jumped off of the couch and hurried upstairs.

We burst through the door of Paris's room and boiled with anger at what we saw.

Smiley and Genesis were standing over the crib about to grab Paris. Shards of glass were scattered on the floor as a result of them breaking though the window.

Michael stepped forward and kicked Smiley in his private area, sending him straight to the ground. I grabbed Genesis by her hair and began punching her mercilessly in the face.

"Don't you ever come up in here and mess with my daughter!" Michael screamed as he beat the shit out of Smiley.

Genesis begged for my mercy, but there was no way in hell I was going to give it to her.

God so help them. If we had a gun on us, it would've been over for them both.

Michael gripped Smiley's collar and threw him out the window. I grabbed Genesis's hair once again and hurled her out right after.

Michael spat at them from the window. "Don't you ever come back! I should kill both of your asses!" He screamed.

I hurried over to Paris's crib. She was crying hysterically. I held her close to me and began crying too.

These were my worst fears. We protected her the best we could, but there was danger coming from all directions.

Maria, Carlos, and Andre came rushing into the room.

"What happened?" Carlos asked.

Michael punched the wall in anger. "Fucking Smiley and his bitch ass sister." He said. "They came in here and tried to take Paris."

Andre pulled out his gun. "Let's go after them-"

Michael shook his head. "No. We already took care of it. If they come back, I'm lighting this place up with bullets."

I glanced over at Maria through my tears. She gave me a sorry look.

"It's going to be okay." She said in attempt to console me.

I shook my head I felt like it wasn't going to be. I felt like it would only get worse. I believed it would this time.

I'd never been wrong.