{BAD... 41}

Tuesday Night~

Alexis's POV:

Michael slowed the truck to a stop in the alleyway and put the gear in park.

"We're seriously meeting this guy in an alleyway?" I asked.

"Well, that's where we are."

I lowered my brows. "This doesn't seem shady to you?" I asked. He shrugged. "Everything seems shady to me, but you'll learn to navigate through them."

I took a deep breath to calm my slight nervousness. Regardless of what happened, I had someone with me who knew how to handle situations like these.

I had a gun as well, so that was also reassuring.

A car pulled into the alley behind us with their headlights off. That off feeling came back stronger than it had the first time.

Michael watched in the rearview mirror for someone to step out of the car. It was just one man who didn't look as suspicious as I would expect.

One man remained in the passenger seat of the car. He looked much more suspicious.

He unlocked the door and we both stepped out of the car.

The man instantly looked at me and licked his lips. He glanced back at the man man in the car and nodded toward me.

"Well hello, lady." He said to me.

Michael shook his head. "Don't do that." He said sternly. "Let's just get this over with so we can go back to our lives."

The man nodded and reached in his bag. He pulled out a stack of cash.

Michael felt around his pants and in his pockets. "Shit." He mumbled. He pulled the car keys put of his pocket and tossed them to me.

"Grab two bags of what's in the trunk." He said. I nodded and walked around to the back of the car.

I popped the trunk and began fishing through all the junk. I grabbed two bags of weed and closed the trunk.

Before I could walk back over to Michael, I felt someone's breath on my neck.

"You look so good." A man whispered.

"What the-"

He covered my mouth. I began struggling against him, but he was stronger than me. He pulled my gun out of my waistband and put it to my head.

I stopped struggling. I didn't want him to slip and pull the trigger.

"Good girl." He whispered. He began to slowly drag me toward the his car. I frantically prayed. I didn't even know to who in particular, but my prayers were answered when I heard the cock of another gun.

The man stopped dragging me and fell to the ground.

I turned and saw Michael holding the gun looking down at him with rage in his eyes.

"You alright?" He asked. I nodded. Surprisingly I felt absolutely fine. I only felt what was relevant to the moment then. and that moment was over.

Michael looked over at the other man. "So you're just going to let your little friend pull some shit like that?" He asked.'

He shrugged. "I'm not responsible for what he does."

I furrowed my brows. "You can't be serious." I said. "He almost killed me!"

In a fit of rage, I grabbed the gun out of Michael's hand and shot the man dead.

That was the only thing that could make me feel better when I was angry.

It's sick. I know it is.

"Well then." Michael said with a slight chuckle. "That didn't go as planned."

I shrugged. "It never really does."

"True that."

"Grab his money and let's get the hell out." I said. Michael grabbed the stack of cash next to the man's dead body.

We both sat in the car. "I still got my money, so it worked out." Michael said. I laughed. "Mission successful." I said.

He laughed too. It was a cute little laugh, despite the circumstances.

We locked eyes for a moment. The feelings relevant to that moment were strong. I knew he felt them too.

There was a magnetic feeling pulling us together almost making us want to lock lips. But just because we felt it there, doesn't mean we react to it.

Stop it, Alexis. You guys are partners It's better this way.

I snapped out of it first and looked straight ahead. He started the car and pulled out of the alley, running over the dead bodies in the process.

The ride was pretty silent. Neither one had anything to say. It was just a twenty minute long charade of awkward glances and silence.

I was relieved when we were finally back at the house.

We both scurried out the car in a rush. If people were to see us, they would probably assume that something was wrong. There wasn't. We just wanted to avoid the awkwardness that was much more prevalent than before.

Michael fumbled with the keys in his pocket and went to stick it in the lock. He unexplainably dropped them.

We both went to pick them up, our hands touching the process. We looked up at each other's and we realized our faces were extremely close. I could feel his breath and he could feel mine.

We couldn't snap out of it as quickly this time. It was stupid. What if someone were to look through a window and see this?

He grabbed the keys out of my hand and stood up. He unlocked the door and I followed him into the house. We still hadn't said a word to each other since we got in the car.

"Michael." I called. He turned around slowly. "Alexis." He replied.

"What the hell are we doing?" I asked. He chuckled. "I have no idea." He answered.

"It's weird." I said. "We agreed to just be-"

"Partners. Yes I remember." He interrupted. "It happens between the opposite sexes every now and then. It's normal. Let's just both get some rest. We'll be fine tomorrow." He said.

I shrugged my shoulders. "I suppose you're right." I said.

I went upstairs to my room and closed the door behind me. I took my hair out of its ponytail and sighed.

Whatever weirdness was going on between Michael and I needed to subside. There couldn't be feelings anymore. We agreed to partnership, and nothing more.