{BAD... 37}

Sunday Afternoon~

Michael's POV:

Carlos came into the kitchen and b-lined straight toward me. "Did Andre tell you?" He asked. I shook my head. "No. Tell me what?"

"Alvaro is back from his vacation."

My face hardened. The getaway with Alexis made me forget about him. I gestured for Carlos to follow me out of the kitchen and into another room.

"How long has he been back?" I asked.

"He flew in this morning. He'll be back at the club tonight." Carlos said. "We better hurry up and get there as quickly as we can. People are probably going to tell him you came back. If he really used your money for his vacation, which we're sure he did, he'll try to hide from you."

I nodded. "True. We don't have a lot of time to waste so let's get going."

I hadn't even been back for twenty minutes and everything just picked up where it left off. What a crazy life I've chosen to live.

I turned around and was faced with Michelle looking up at me with an excitement in her eyes.

I raised a brow. "Yes?"

"Are you guys talking about Alvaro?" She asked. I glanced back at Carlos. "Yes. Why are you eavesdropping on our conversations?"

"My dad is good friends with Alvaro. He's like an uncle to me. I haven't seen him since I was a little girl. Can I please come with you guys? I want to see him again."

"You do realize if Alvaro doesn't have my money I'm going to kill him, right?" I said.

She looked taken aback. "Uh- well- if that's the case then I just want to see him one last time before you kill me him." She said.

I gave her a weird look before shrugging my shoulder. "Okay, whatever."

I pushed passed her and walked back into the kitchen where Maria and Alexis continued to talk.

"Babe," I said to grasp her attention. She turned around and faced me with a smile. I forced a smile on my own, but there was nothing exciting or happy about this.

"I know it hasn't even been a day, or even an hour yet, but we got to go to the club tonight."

She frowned slightly. "Seriously?" She complained.

I shrugged. "There's always business that needs to be handled." I said. "I'm not leaving you here alone, so make sure you're ready to go in about an hour."

She nodded. "Alright then."

~

Sunday Evening ~

Alexis's POV:

The club was just as we left it. Blasting music, filled with people who wanted to party their lives away.

Michael held my hand as he led me, Andre, Carlos, and Michelle to the bar. I'm not too sure why he agreed to bring Michelle along, but things have been going good with us so I decided to not mention it or make a fuss about it.

The bartender made us all a drink and placed them on the counter. Michael chugged his entire glass in one swig.

"Careful, now. That's how you get drunk." I cautioned. He glanced at his glass. "That's my exact point. I'd rather be drunk for this." He said. He turned to Carlos. "Let's go to the office and get this over with."

We walked to the back of the club where the door to the office was. He opened the door but there was no one inside.

Michael groaned. "That's no surprise." He said.

"So do we wait around for him?" Carlos asked. Michael shrugged. "I guess. I'm not leaving here without my money, or a dead body. It's either or. Until then, I'm going to get as tipsy as possible."

He pushed past us and walked toward the bar. The bartender just kept on serving him drink after drink. I didn't know why he was so hell bent on getting drunk, but I'm sure he has his reasons.

Something, anything, to numb him.

Until he's ready to meet with whoever Alvaro is, we all sat at the bar taking shots along with him.

Well, not as many as he drank.

~

Michael's POV:

It'd been close to an hour and I was growing incredibly impatient. Either he was just slacking and not managing the club like I told him too, or he was hiding from me.

I set my glass down on the counter. "I'm going to check the office to see if he's in there." I said. Michelle's eyes lit up. "Can I come with you?"

I rolled my eyes at her eagerness. "Sure. Whatever you want. Come have your little reunion before I blow his brains out." I said harshly.

She followed close behind me as I walked into the office.

Still empty.

I shook my head. "He's still not here. I guess I'll come back in a little bit." I said. I turned around to walk out of the office but she placed her hand on my chest to stop me.

I raised a brow at her as she looked me up and down.

"Excuse me." I said rather rudely. She pushed me further away from the door and closed it. "Just because Alvaro isn't here doesn't mean we can't be here." She said.

I furrowed my my brows. "What the hell?"

"You know exactly what I mean Michael."

"I do." I answered. "But you know I can't do that."

"Why not?" She asked.

"Because of Alex-"

She pressed her lips on mine and ran her hands over my chest. Chills ran down my spine. I didn't know if it was from the alcohol or Michelle.

"Because of who?" She asked.

I didn't answer that time.

I pulled her face back to mine. The last bit of sober in me was chastising me.

What the FUCK are you doing, Michael? How could you possibly be doing this after those five days with Alexis? You guys fell in love with each other. You learned how to be a better man for her and you're fucking it all up!
You're doing the same shit that your father did to your mother. The shit that made you want to kill him. And look at you!

The sober in me was silenced by the alcohol.

Her lips are so sweet. Her body is so soft. She ain't Alexis, but she's suffice.

I prayed to every God that nobody would walk in on us and find out.

If I don't get caught this one single time, I'll never do it again. I swear...