{BAD... 42}

Wednesday Morning~

Alexis's POV:

I slowly opened my eyes. I pulled the sheets away from my head and glanced around the room. It was still dark.

I looked at my bedside table and checked the time. It'd just turned three in the morning.

It's unlike me to wake up in the middle of the night. I tried to lay back down and fall back asleep, but that didn't seem to be working. I was wider awake than I would ever be in the mornings.

I rolled onto my back with a grunt. This was going to fuck up my sleep schedule so badly.

Since it was clear I wasn't going to be back asleep anytime soon, I got out of bed. I left my room and headed for the kitchen. I had nothing else to do do I decided to get something to eat.

I rummaged through the fridge, grabbing simple ingredients for a sandwich. I brought all my supplies to the counter and began spreading the mayo on the bread.

I heard the sound of faint footsteps behind me. I disregarded it at first, but my imagination crept up on me. It was three a.m. and I was presumably the only one that was awake.

I whipped my head around and was surprised to see Michael standing at the bottom of the stairs. He seemed just as surprised to see me as I was to see him.

"I thought you were asleep." He said. I nodded. "Well, I was." I responded. "Weren't you?"

He shook his head. "No. I don't really go to sleep until right around now. The only reason I didn't was because I heard you and I didn't know who it was." He said.

"Oh. My bad." I apologized. He shook his head. "No need."

I brought my sandwich to the table and sat down. Michael came over and sat across from me.

"Why do you stay up so late?" I asked him. "Are you the night owl type that just can't seem to get to sleep?"

He shook his head. "No, I sleep fine. It's just the only times I can't ever really relax are during the night hours and early morning." He said. "Obviously when we don't have to go out at night of course."

I nodded. "I never realized that about you." I said. He chuckled. "Yeah, because you would be asleep."

I laughed too, cautious not to get caught in a moment like we did earlier. I felt like his suggestion to get some rest did work. Whatever fire that was trying to ignite between us went away as quickly as it came.

"That looks good." He said referring to my sandwich. "You should make me me one." He said with a wink. I raised a brow. "You want me to make you a sandwich?" I laughed. "Now I might be a woman, but don't get it twisted. You've got to work for my sandwiches."

He raised a brow. "You never made me one when we were together. You owe me."

I scoffed. "You couldn't keep me for any longer than a day, so I never had time."

He laughed. "Touché. I'll do better next time."

I gave him a side eye. "There won't be a next time, boy."

"I could change your mind."

Why was he coming onto me so strongly all of a sudden? It was late night hours, so that could be the culprit.

"You need to get some sleep, Michael. Take your ass to bed."

"You should come with me." He said. I paused and gave him a hard stare. He couldn't keep a straight face.

"I'm just fucking with you." He laughed. I shook my head. "I don't like it."

"That's why I'm doing it." He winked.

I rolled my eyes and stood up from the table. I placed my plate in the sink and grabbed the sponge.

Michael walked next to me as I washed the plate. He crossed his arms and took small glances at me.

"What do you want, boy?" I asked.

"I'm sure you don't want me to answer that honestly." He winked again. I groaned. "What the hell is up with you? Have you been drinking?" I asked.

I sniffed his breath. No scent of alcohol.

He shrugged. "I get like this late at night." He said, laughing.

I rolled my eyes. "Go get Sasha or Michelle to handle you. 'Cause I ain't the one." I said.

"I don't want them." He said.

I shut off the sink and dried my hands. "Well thats something I can't help with now is it?"

"Not entirely true." He said, taking a step closer to me. I smirked. I hate to admit that I was enjoying this a little.

"Well what do you want me to do?" I asked, placing both my hands on his chest.

What the fuck are you doing, Alexis? My conscience screamed.

"Well what can we do without waking anybody else up?" He said. Although my mind wanted to end it there, my mouth just kept making things worse.

It didn't make things worse with what it said, but with what it did.

I kissed him on the lips. "That's pretty quiet. No one will know." I said.

He pulled me in by my waist and kissed me again. It was electrifyingly amazing. It'd been so long since we'd touched or kissed each other.

The kiss only got more intense. Our tongues swirled in each other's mouth. He lifted me up and sat me on the counter. I knew it would only escalate from there. I wanted to stop it but at the same time I couldn't. I was only capable of feeling what was relevant to that moment. And what was relevant was my desire for him.

With everything in me, I suppressed it. I pulled away from him, breathless from the kiss.

I gave him a sweet smile. "Goodnight Michael."

I hopped down from the counter. "Goodnight." He winked. I walked passed him, but not without him smacking my ass as I passed.

I started for the stairs with only one thing in my mind.

What the fuck did you just do?