{BAD... 53}

Ten Months Later...

Friday Evening~

Michael's POV:

A bloodcurdling scream was heard from inside the bedroom. Carlos flinched. "I'm nervous, man." He said.

"Everything will be okay." I reassured. "Alexis is in there, and she's going to help Maria just like she helped her."

Carlos took a deep breath and nodded. He stopped pacing back and forth and finally seemed to visibly calm down.

Maria and Carlos actually did jump the gun and got pregnant a month after Paris was born. We were just as happy for them as they were for us, and we even took some time and turned one of the spare rooms into a nursery for their baby.

Now the day had finally come.

Adding a whole other baby in the mix of our craziness was going to be hard. We'd just adjusted to having Paris around.

Right then, Paris crawled over to me. I smiled at her.

"Hi Paris." I said in my baby voice. She laughed and babbled something I couldn't quite understand. She'd been learning how to say a few words such as "dada," "food," "juice," and "gun."

We were working that last word out of her vocabulary.

I picked her up off the floor and she wrapped her tiny arms around my neck.

"This is what you're about to have." I said to Carlos. He chuckled. "If it turned you into a better man, I'll be an angel once I have mine." He said.

Andre came up the stairs and into the hallway. He covered his ears when he heard Maria scream from inside the room.

"How long is she going to be in there screaming? It's been hours!" He said unsympathetically.

I furrowed my brows at him. "That shit is painful. She's doing it without any medicine too. Cut her some slack."

Andre scoffed. "What ever happened to you, Mike? You used to be just as cold as I was. Is it your daughter and your fiancée?"

I nodded. "Yes. You should get one of each."

He rolled his eyes. "Me? Hell nah. I only handle business, which is cleaning up the dead bodies you leave. I don't have time for that."

I shrugged. "It might make you happier. We're all cold blooded, but we all need to come home to something positive. You're the only one that doesn't."

He shook his head. "I don't need any positivity." He said. He walked down the hallway and retreated into his room.

I sucked my teeth. "Oh how the tables have turned. He's the coldest now." I said.

Carlos chuckled. "He'll find that woman that'll melt his heart one day. You found yours, so there's someone out there for him."

~

Alexis's POV:

Maria gripped the sheets tightly as another painful contraction overcame her.

"¡Oh mierda esto duele!" She screamed. I had no idea what she said, but I continued trying to comfort her. I patted her shoulder. "It's going to be okay. One more push. Just think about your baby." I said.

She took a deep breath before using all her strength to push. The baby's head popped out, and the rest of its body fell right into my hands.

The healthy baby girl let out beautiful cry.

I lifted the baby up from the bed and handed her to Maria. She marveled at her newborn daughter.

"Muy Bonita." She said in awe. She wiped a tear from her eye.

I handed her a towel for her to wrap her baby in.

Carlos came into the room with Michael and Paris behind him.

Carlos's eyes widened the instant they landed on his newborn baby.

"It's a girl." I said with a smile.

He knelt down beside Maria. I handed him a pair of scissors to cut the umbilical chord.

"She's beautiful." Maria said. Carlos nodded. "I knew she'd be. What should we name her?"

Maria thought for a moment and then looked up at him. "Valentina." She said. Carlos smiled. "It fits perfectly."

Michael and I backed out of the room slowly to give them their privacy with their new baby.

"Damn. They remind me of us ten months ago." He said, nodding toward Paris. She babbled some more inaudible words and clapped her hands together.

I giggled. "She is just adorable." I said. He kissed her forehead. "She is and she knows it. It's dangerous how much this little girl has me wrapped around her finger."

"That's what daughters do to you. I could've gotten almost anything I wanted out of my dad." I said.

He raised his brows at me. "You were a joy, weren't you?"

I nudged his shoulder. "Of course I was! Look what I do to you."

He smiled. "I know, I know."

Andre came out of his room with a loud huff.

"Finally. That damn screaming is over." He said as he walked passed.

I looked at him angrily. "What the fuck? She was having a baby-"

Michael nudged me, signaling for me to stop. Once Andre was out of earshot, Michael turned to me.

"Don't pay him any mind. He's the coldest of us all now. He's the only one that doesn't have anyone." He explained.

My anger turned to sympathy. "Poor Andre..." I said. "There's a girl out there that'll soften his heart."

Michael laughed. "There's a girl out there for every cold man. The coldest of them all was warmed up." He said pointing to himself.

I laughed. "He'll find that special girl. She's out there." I said.

I gestured for him to hand Paris to me. "It's getting late. I'm going to put her to sleep." I said.

She began whining and reaching toward Michael. He reached out his hand and she grabbed onto one of his long fingers.

"I don't think she wants to." He smiled.

I rolled my eyes playfully. "Well she needs to go to sleep. If she wants her daddy so much, you can go put her to sleep." I said, placing her back in his arms.

I smiled as I watched Michael walk down the hall, swinging Paris around in the air as she giggled endlessly.

He was such a good dad.