Chapter 14

ERIK

After our Three-Wishes Date, Rose and I did not stop calling, sending text messages and even chatting at Facebook for the succeeding days. We would share our day-to-day activities and even debate on some issues either political or showbiz-oriented. This is more than the reporting what we were doing. Well, the writing of her story treatment was already included in our daily routine.

This morning was different though. Why is she not replying? I thought to myself. I couldn't believe that she has not replied to any of my messages I sent her today. I tried to call her but she's not answering them. I'm becoming paranoid on what has happened to her and why she couldn't reply even a single text. So, I sent this message to her:

HEY, GORGIE! IF YOU DON'T REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE, I WILL THROW MYSELF TO THE PASIG RIVER!

I thought I was really clingy when I sent her that message, but it should be understandable. I hate being held on to something and not receiving any in return. And it's excruciating to think what has happened to her the whole morning.

Finally, my phone notified me that I received a message. It came from Rose and it read:

Ito naman! Over! Hindi lang naka-reply. Alam kong di mo gagawin yan, Sammy. Ikaw pa! Haha! Anyway, will talk to you later. I have a visitor in the house.

Visitor? I replied to her one-word message:

Who?

One minute...

Three minutes...

I checked my phone. No reply received.

Five minutes...

Seven minutes...

Keep calm, Erik. She will reply.

Ten minutes...

I checked my phone again. No reply. Getting impatient, I typed another message and sent it to her:

HEY, GORGIE! WHO'S YOUR VISITOR?!

It was then I asked myself: What's this? Since when I've become impatient in receiving text messages? Even when Andrea and I were still together before, I was never this impatient. Well, maybe I became used already on checking out each other in the past days that's why I was acting rather odd. And Rose has some problems sending back messages.

At last, I received a message which only made me grumpier.

Si Alex.

Who's Alex? I sent her in reply. This time, she replied immediately. I felt relieved that she responded immediately after that. But what I did not expect to read the content of her new message that I wished I never asked for her immediate reply.

Siya yung muntikan nang maging kami. Yung kinuwento ko sa'yo when we met d'yan sa SB.

I felt a surge of wild emotion going to my chest that made my heart pound endlessly, joined by some infuriating sensation in my head that was giving me an already terrible mood. So, his name is Alex, I thought sarcastically. He's the 'almost a love story' of Rose. I felt that my hand was trembling a bit.

Without really thinking, I went to my room and change my clothes. It happened very quickly. I didn't know why I am acting this way but one thing was sure in my mind when I got my car keys and left my condo unit as fast as I could.

----- O -----

ROSE

"Kumusta ka na?" Tanong ko kay Alex.