Visit

Once Sage was finished her shift, forgetting about her encounter with Jonathan, she got her things from the cupboard and headed downstairs.

As she walked by the reception area, she noticed that Jonathan was actually over by the reception area with Nadine, talking and laughing. It was one more reason to dislike him. Strongly dislike him.

She quickly handed her key in, sliding it along the reception counter so she didn't have to get close to them, watching as Nadine looked at her and locked her eyes with her.

"All the toilets clean?" Nadine asked whilst Jon turned slowly to Sage, his smile slightly fading as he sensed Nadine was deliberately trying to belittle Sage.

"Yes." Sage answered simply, walking off as Jon watched her walk off to the main doors and out as quick as she could. Despite their clear misunderstanding of one another, he knew a strong person when he saw one, and she really was fascinating to him.

"You two don't get along?" Jon turned back to Nadine.

"You could say that." Nadine rolled her eyes, "She just rarely ever does her job right, and it baffles me since you'd think she'd get used to it." She laughed as Jon just looked at her, "Whatever, she's just a maid anyway." She waved her hand as Jon tilted his head a little.

"Do you always belittle her?" Jon asked forwardly as Nadine gulped.

"Excuse me?" Nadine shook her head.

"Well it's obvious that's what you're doing. Especially in front of other people." Jon said, "It's fine. I'm sure you're not the only person to do it. It's nice, to feel like you're bigger than someone." He nodded smugly as she just looked across at him.

Although he enjoyed a woman with an attitude, he didn't appreciate the way she tried to belittle Sage, especially in front of him. He just felt like it was a low blow, even if he didn't see eye-to-eye with Sage. He didn't enjoy seeing anyone purposely humiliated, even if that's what he sometimes had to do in court.

"I-I wasn't." Nadine tripped over her words as Jon just smiled

"It's alright." Jon just nodded, enjoying seeing her getting into a panic, "Anyway, like I was saying, one of the light bulbs in my bathroom has gone out. I wouldn't have come down to say but it's actually pretty dark without it." He said as Nadine just nodded, caught a little off guard that someone had actually told her it was wrong to treat Sage that way, especially someone of his standard.

"I will… I will get someone up to sort it." Nadine nodded, taking a note down.

"Thank you." Jon smiled pleasantly, walking away as Nadine watched him walk off to the lounge.
           ________________________

"Sage, you gotta be careful. He could easily complain about you." Cass said whilst on facetime to Sage later that night as Sage lay in bed holding her phone above her.

"Oh, it's not like no one has ever complained about me before." Sage shook her head, "I wasn't gonna hold back. This is personal. Even if I've only known him for a week." She said, "I hate him."

"You don't know him." Cass said.

"I know I hate him." Sage shook her head, "He just doesn't even care, as long as he's winning the case then it doesn't matter if it's the right or the wrong sentence." She said.

"Well, that's lawyers for you." Cass shrugged, "I can swap sections with you if you want, so you don't have to keep seeing him." She said as Sage rolled over onto her stomach onto her bed.

"Oh, I don't know. I feel like if I keep seeing him maybe he'll realise how stupid he's being, defending someone so guilty." She said, "You know, if he keeps seeing my face."