Mom Talk

Sage woke up the next morning when she heard Jon moving around the room. She glanced at the clock which read 7am and groaned to herself. She had a late start at work, and didn't have university, but only wished she could have spent the morning with Jon.

"Do you have to go so early?" Sage frowned, sitting up in bed, holding the sheets to her naked body as she watched him button his shirt up and nod.

"Trust me, I'd rather stay here with you." Jon said, "But I have a lot to do today." He nodded as Sage frowned, laying back down in bed. He turned around and watched her. He didn't want her to feel like he was prioritising his work over her. That was never the case. Like he said, he would have rather spent the day with her, but he had a job to do, and at this point he really had to start making waves, "I'll be home earlier tonight." Jon told her, "What do you say we go out for dinner?" He asked her as she sat back up.

"I say ok." Sage smiled to him as he nodded, making his way around the bed, leaning over and pressing a kiss on her lips as she kissed back softly, "You should really have breakfast." She said as he wandered back around the room while she sat up against the headboard.

"I'm not a breakfast person." Jon shook his head, "I'll get a coffee in my office." He said.

"Do you miss me when you're at work?" Sage wondered.

"Are you kidding me?" Jon laughed, "Of course I do." He said as she smiled, "It's not always gonna be like this... you know, where I'm constantly working. I do get days off believe it or not but... this case needs a lot of work." He nodded.

"I know I understand." Sage smiled to him.

"You go back to bed. It's still early." He said as she just shook her head.

"I'm up now." She shrugged, "I'll probably just take a... hot, steaming shower... all alone." She smiled innocently.

"Don't." Jon groaned as she smiled to herself, "I'll be thinking about you." He nodded as she smiled.

"Have a good day." She said as he saluted her and left the room, heading downstairs and leaving out the front door.

Sage gave a sigh of relaxation. One she'd been doing a lot recently. One she hadn't really experienced before. Because she was relaxed. Although she was still trying to fit into a new city, and also accept everything that happened with Cass, she was still happy here. She was happy with Jonathan and what she was doing at university. Her job wasn't the best but it wasn't unbearable. She mostly ignored the staff as they all weren't particularly friendly, and got on with her job. But she was happy and relaxed, and most of all she did feel safe. Even when she panicked yesterday over her mind playing tricks on her, a part of her still knew she was safe because she was here with Jonathan.
_