Nightmare Is Over

Jon and Sage slept peacefully through the night, even if it was in a cramped spare bedroom in his mother's house. They slept all through the night in each other's embrace with the boys asleep beside them. Sage knew there was no point in fighting with him. She loved him, and she needed him, whether she wanted to admit it or not. They both needed each other, and this wasn't a blaming game, unless the blame was on those evil men who were getting locked away.

Sage woke up first, untangling herself from Jon's arms slowly and quietly so he wouldn't wake up, sitting on the edge of the bed and rubbing the sleep out of her eyes before standing up and checking on the twins, looking over at them as they both lay fast asleep. All three of them were always going to be the most important people to her ever. They were her own family. One who appreciated and loved her way more than her parents ever could.

She headed for a shower, aware that it was still super early but having a place to go in mind. She got into a change of clothes which they had brought with them when he police were using their house for evidence, and she quickly got dressed and upbraided her two braids, rocking her hair in a braid out, then kissing all three of her boys on the cheek before leaving the room and out of the house.

She made her way to the police station, walking into the door and over to main reception area to wait for someone to approach her.

"Sage?" Officer Jenkins who had been handling the case for them, as well as having dropped the charges they had made on Jon, thankfully.

"Hi." Sage smiled, "I uh... I know it's early and I don't know if I'm even allowed to ask this but... would it be ok if I spoke to Cassandra? She's still being held here, right?"

"With an officer in the room with you, yeah." Jenkins nodded, "The good news is that Lance and the rest of those men are being charged of all their offences. Will be moved to a state penitentiary as soon as possible, they'll be given fair trials but... there's no way out for them." He said as Sage just nodded, taking a sigh of relief, "Might help you get some sleep." He nodded.

"And what about my boyfriend? The charges on him?"

"They're dropped. There's no evidence to say he did pay that man and... that man had an agenda either way. Tried to kill him. I'd like to focus more on getting him to prison rather than your boyfriend." He said as Sage nodded, "Are you sure you'd like to speak to Cassandra?"

"Yeah." Sage nodded, "It won't be long. I just have some things I need to say." She said.

"Ok, follow me." Jenkins nodded, heading on through the swing doors as Sage followed.

"Is there any word on what's going to happen to her yet?" She asked.

"Well she's admitted to breaking into your house. On multiple occasions. She... She says she likes to watch you sleep." He cringed a little as Sage just looked down at the ground, "She's a stalker. In other words. She's an intruder. And... speaking to the New Jersey PD, she also kidnapped you. She'll be going away. That's for sure." He said as Sage nodded.

"When will she be moved out?" Sage asked.

"Soon. She's going to be assessed by a psychiatric first." He said as Sage nodded.

"Understandable." Sage nodded, watching as Jenkins opened up a door and led her in.

"Take a seat. I'll go get her." Jenkins said as Sage took a seat over at the table, waiting in the quiet, bland room until she saw Cass get escorted into the room with another officer, the door shutting behind them as Cass sat down across from her and the officer stood over in the corner watching them.