Environment

"She seemed nice." Jon said as Sage walked out of the doctor's office, meeting him in the waiting room after she had gone into register at a new doctor and fill in for a prescription of her medication.

"She was nice." Sage admitted cheerfully, walking out of the building with him, walking to his car.

Luckily, the moving van she had hired pulled up just before they were about to leave. The guys were a little pissed off with the amount of travelling they had been doing, but Sage paid them well and they even helped her and Jon take the boxes into the house. She'd only quickly opened one to grab some clothes out of so they could head out. They lay at the doorway all unpacked.

"So did you get everything you need?" He asked her, noticing the white bag in her hand where he assumed her medication was.

"Yeah, I did." Sage nodded, "She was really great. She gave me a list of therapists too." She said as Jon nodded.

"That's good." Jon nodded, getting to his car as they got in, "So where to next?" He asked, pulling the door shut as Sage pulled open the glove compartment and took out a newspaper where she had circled job ads.

"Ok so there is a secretary job. A waitressing job. Another secretary job. A call centre-" She read through and paused as Jon's phone began to ring, watching as he took it out and looked at it.

"It's work." Jon turned to her, "I should take it." He said as she nodded, turning back to the paper as he answered the call.

She pretended she was looking at the other job ads in the paper, but really, she was listening to Jon as he agreed along on his phone call, and ended with the words, 'ok I'll be there' at the end, which saddened her, turning around and watching his facial expressions.

"They need me at the firm." Jon sighed as Sage just nodded, "I can drop you back at the house if you wanna unpack or if you wanna... go check out these jobs-"

"Jonathan, I don't need to be babysat." She smiled a little, "I'll be alright on my own." She nodded. She appreciated how sweet and comforting he was being, but she didn't want him to think he had to be glued to her, "If I need anything, I'll call you." He said, "New phone." She waved her phone that she'd purchased in her hand.

"Ok." Jon nodded, still feeling bad, "Can I drop you at the house then?" He asked her, turning on the engine.

"Yeah." Sage nodded, "It's ok." She said, placing her hand over his on the handbrake, "Maybe it's best you aren't in my way." She teased, "I'll have everything unpacked by the time you get home and I can make applications for these jobs." She shrugged as he nodded.

She was feeling confident about life in Chicago, and she was excited about what life was going to bring her. It did seem a little strange that she was going to be living with Jon at his home, but it also felt so damn right, like it should have been happening all along. She didn't want to depend on him for anything however, she had her own money saved, and would soon have an income again once she secured a job. It was very much taking one step at a time.
_

_______________________________________

It was later on in the day, and Sage had almost unpacked all of the boxes that had come in the moving van. It was mostly just clothes, some different frames and ornaments, personal things and a few furniture things which she wasn't sure where to put as Jon's house didn't really need anything added to it.