Inappropriate

Once Jon had finished up work for the day, doing his best to speed up things a little more now that he knew Dean and Bella had come to see him, he eventually got back to the hotel and they went for dinner. Although he insisted they didn't have to come out, he was glad to see them. It was always nice to see family, especially in the heat of such an intense job.

Once they had dinner, going for pizza on behalf of Bella's request, they then stopped by at a park, also at Bella's request, and Jon finally gave her the gift he'd gotten her.

"What do you say to Uncle Jon for your gift?" Dean looked to Bella, sitting on a bench with Jon whilst Bella stood in front of them having opened up her gift. She collected a brand of gargoyle type ornaments, and Jon had managed to buy her a crystal one for her room, of her favourite character. He was thoughtful when it came to presents… only for Bella.

"Thanks uncle Jon Jon." Bella smiled, handing her father the box her ornament was in and climbing up onto Jon to give him a hug as Jon smiled and hugged her back and kissed the top of his head.

"Hey, my pleasure, sweetheart." Jon smiled, kissing her cheek loudly and giving her a tight squeeze as she giggled, "You can go play on the swings if you like." He told her as she nodded.

"Yeah." Bella nodded to herself, jumping back down from his lap and running over to the swings not far away from where they were sitting.

"I'm glad she liked the gift." Jon smiled to himself as he watched her run off to the swings as Dean nodded, putting the ornament back in the gift bag with a smile.

"She's been asking for that for a while now." Dean nodded, "She always loves your presents the best." He said.

"That's probably the only reason she wanted to see me." Jon teased.

"Hey, c'mon." Dean said.

"I'm kidding." Jon told him, "She see her mom this morning?" Jon asked Dean.

"Yeah." Dean nodded, "But you know what it's like with Renee. Working every shift under the sun. She would have come otherwise." He said.

"I figured." Jon said, "You need to take her on vacation soon. She works her ass off in that hospital." He said as Dean nodded.

"I know." He said, "She actually said she was looking forward to a night in the house herself, not to take offence to it, but I get what she means. Bella can be a handful." Dean nodded over to where Bella was pushing a swing that had no one on it.

"I bet." Jon chuckled, "How is mom?" He asked.

"Good." Dean nodded, "Worried about you, though. She thinks you're gonna die of stress one of these days."

"How does she know I'm stressed?" Jon laughed, "I'm fine."

"Are you?" Dean asked.

"Trust me, you'd know if I was stressed." Jon said, "I'm back in court in a few days, it's going to plan, I feel like I'll come away with good results by the end of it."

"And then you'll come home and you'll be away again after a few days." Dean said.

"Well, that's just how the business works." Jon shrugged, "I'm used to it. I'm comfortable with it."

"It's a little bit isolated, though. Don't you think?" Dean said, "You're constantly on the move. You never really have time for… family or relationships or friendships." He pointed out.

"I make time for family when I have to." Jon said, "And I don't… I don't do relationships." He shook his head.

"I know you don't." Dean nodded, "What about your house in Chicago? It's barely a house and you… you pay so much for it." He shook his head.