Love

"I can't believe you're having a kid." Dean shook his head, standing in the kitchen with Jon the next night. They were clearing up from dinner while Sage, Renee, Bella and Grace were in the living room.

"Me neither." Jon said truthfully, putting the plates in the dishwasher while Dean cleared the counter, "It still hasn't sunk in yet." He said.

"It won't until it's here, probably." Dean said, "But man, your life is gonna change." He laughed a little, "Not in a bad way of course." He added as Jon just laughed.

"I hope not." He said, "I am excited. I mean… I'm more nervous than excited but… it's a cool thing. Didn't think it'd be happening so soon but it is." He said, shutting the dishwasher and turning it on, "I'm hoping for a boy." He said. Now that the shock had died down a little, he was thinking about the future, and he was getting excited about the baby, he was terribly nervous too, but the excitement was showing itself for sure.

"Well at least you know there's a fifty percent chance." Dean smiled, "What's wrong with a girl?" He laughed a little.

"Too much damn stress, that's what." Jon said.

"True. Bella gives me stress right now and she's only two." Dean said, "She tells me she has a boyfriend from daycare." He rolled his eyes, "And then Renee gets mad with me because I tell her she's not allowed boyfriends, and then she cries and then I feel bad but not really because you know, she's two, she shouldn't have a boyfriend." Dean said.

"You don't need that stress." Jon shook his head.

"I don't." Dean agreed, "But hey, it's a good thing. You'll be a great dad. All this bullshit about you know, not having a role model look up to is… well, it's bullshit." He nodded, "I had no dad and I'm doing alright." He nodded, "You'll be fine."

"Hopefully." Jon nodded, "I'm here for another three weeks then I'm out of state for six or seven weeks." He said.

"Oh, where you off to?" Dean asked.

"California." Jon said, "Sage is super cool with it, which helps, she knows it's part of my job and I'm gonna fly her out at any point I can." He said, "And I promised her it won't be like that when the baby is here. Not for a while anyway. I'll take the time off and then I'll work locally." He said as Dean nodded.

"Yeah, man. It'll all fit into place." Dean said, "How is Sage dealing with it? Is she excited?"

"She is now." Jon nodded, "I think the more she talks with Renee and mom she gets more excited about it. She was absolutely terrified at the start, I think she still is on some level but… things are definitely looking brighter." He said, "I love her, you know. We would have been settling down with kids at some point, things have just sped up a little." He said.

"You guys will be great." Dean nodded, "There's nothing like it. Just… don't sing or dance in the delivery room. I thought it would maybe distract Renee from the pain." He said as Jon laughed, "Oh, no. She didn't like it."

"Yeah, no kidding. She asked the nurse to escort you out of the room." Jon laughed, "I was surprised she let you back in for the actual birth."

"Well, I thought I was calming her down." Dean shrugged, "Obviously not." He said as Jon just took a deep breath.

"All of that stuff does scare me a little." He admitted, "And it's my kid, you know. It's not a trial run or anything." He said.