Surprise

Sage had made her way to California the next day. She hadn't contacted Jon to let him know she was coming, because she knew he'd ask why and worry about it, and she didn't want that.

As she lay in bed the previous night, she began to think of what life was really going to be like in a few months. She was going to have two children when she didn't even set out to have one. She was going to have two babies, and they were going to need so much love and attention. It was so overwhelming, but while she lay in bed and spoke to them about how scared she was, as stupid as she felt, it really made her feel better. She was worried she wouldn't have that bond with them both, but she was wrong, she did, and of course she couldn't wait to meet them, it was just a very big challenge.

She didn't want to tell Jonathan as though it was bad news, because it wasn't. She knew Renee was right. When the babies were here, she'd not change them for the world, and she'd love them so much.

She grabbed a little something to do the talking for her on her way to the airport, and caught the flight to California. The flight wasn't as bad as she thought, and when she landed she headed straight to the hotel where Jon was staying at.

She knew there was a good chance he'd be out working, but she got whatever flight she could get.

She got dropped at the hotel and walked on into reception, signing a few things as she explained that she was joining her boyfriend later on in the week, but had decided to surprise him instead. She was then given the key and headed to the room.

She got some scary flashbacks while she travelled the corridors of the hotel, but finally got to the room and opened it up with the pass key.

"I don't need my room-" Jon paused as he saw Sage at the door, shaking his head with confusion, "Sage?" He said as she smiled.

"Hey." Sage smiled cheerfully. It was so great to see him. Even just a few days without him had been complete torture, "I thought I would... surprise you." She said as he immediately approached her and took her bags from her.

"Well, I'm surprised." Jon laughed a little, placing the bags down and placing his arms around her waist, "Hey." He smiled, leaning down and pressing a kiss on her lips softly as she kissed back. She'd desperately needed that kiss these past few days. From the strange things that had been going on in the house with the window, to realising she had two people growing inside her. It had been a huge turn of events.

"Hi." Sage smiled up at him, "How are you?" She asked, taking her coat off and slinging it over the chair by the desk where all his work was spread out on, "Stressed?" She guessed.

"A little." Jon nodded, "Had I known you were coming I would have gotten tonight off work and figured out plans for us." He said, "I didn't expect you to come." He shook his head.

"Honestly, I didn't expect to come either." Sage shook her head, "But I had to come talk to you." She admitted truthfully as Jon looked across at her.

"Why?" Jon asked suspiciously, "What's wrong? Is something wrong?" He worried, "Is the baby ok?"

"Everything is fine." Sage said, "It's nothing bad." She assured him as Jon wasn't convinced and folded his arms, "Take a seat." She said while she opened up her bag and grabbed out the separate little bag, holding the things she had bought on her way to the airport earlier in the morning.