Coming to Light

"I'm trying so hard not to wake him." Sage said, walking towards the door of their house, little Kye in her arms as she gazed down at him, barely watching where she was going. Jon walked ahead with Jon in his car seat and opened up the door. Both the boys were fast asleep. It had been a week later... and they were going home.

"I think they could sleep through hurricanes." Jon laughed a little, opening up the front door, walking on in holding Kash's car seat tightly in his hand while Sage followed.

The boys had great health and their journey in the hospital had come to an end, thankfully for Sage and Jonathan. They were strong little fighters and both weighing a normal size with good health. It was all Sage and Jon could have asked for.

Sage walked on in, not even noticing the banners on the door as she strolled on into the living room, looking up and jumping a little when she saw Grace, Dean, Renee and Bella, and a bunch of welcome home banners stuck around.

She looked over at Jon who just laughed  as she smiled. She never got to have that first experience of bringing her babies home, so now was her time and she was going to soak up every single minute of it.

"Oh, let me see them." Renee smiled excitedly, rushing over to Sage and Jon to see the babies while his mom followed in saying hello.

"Good to have them home?" Dean asked as Jon made his way over to Dean, leaving the girls to oo and ah over the twins, already proud of his boys for getting this much female attention.

"Yeah, it's great." Jon smiled, looking over. He couldn't help smile at how big Sage's smile was. She was so proud to show the boys off, and she was so happy, just like him, that they were finally home with them, "Sage is really happy." He nodded, "Makes me so happy." He admitted.

"Yeah, I know the feeling." He nodded, "This is where it really begins now. You ready for the night feeds and the screaming and the crying for no reason and the diapers?" Dean asked.

"Doesn't matter if I'm ready or not. The little guys are here now. Can't turn back." He said as Dean laughed a little.

"That's true." Dean said as Jon looked over where Bella was sitting on the couch playing with Milo's soft ears.

"Hey, Bell." Jon smiled over to her as she just waved, "You ok?" He asked her, wandering over to her and taking a seat beside her as the two-year-old nodded, "You sure? You look sad." He said.

"Can I not play with you anymore?" Bella asked as Dean looked over and frowned, "Because you have new people to play with." She pointed over to the twins.

"Hey." Jon nudged her, "I'll always have time for my favourite niece. You're still my special girl." He nodded, "And I'll make time to play with you whenever you want." Jon said as Bella smiled to herself.

"Can I still sleepover?" She asked.

"Of course you can, sweetheart." Jon said, "Hey, me and Sage are gonna need all the help we can get with the babies." He admitted, "You're still my best girl, alright?" He said, flicking her chin playfully as Bella nodded and smiled, feeling a little more uplifted now that she knew her uncle would still have time for her, "You wanna go say hi to your cousins?" He asked as Bella nodded, shuffling off the couch and running over to her mother to see the babies.

"She was scared that you wouldn't have enough time for her anymore." Dean said as Jon stood back up and shook his head.

"I'll always have time for her." Jon said, "She's adorable." He smiled to himself, "You want a beer? I got some beers in for you." He turned to Dean.