Dangers Ahead

Sage practically crawled upstairs. She had nothing on her mind beside her baby boys who were awake and crying. She had a cut on her eyebrow which blood was streaming down from, but she wasn't injured. Any time Lance had his hands on her she'd managed to break free.

She hadn't quite come to terms with the fact that Cass was in the house, and somehow Nancy was too. Everything was happening so fast and she couldn't keep up. She just wanted to protect her son's.

She stumbled into the bedroom, closing the door behind her and locking it as she walked over to the two cribs beside the bed, looking over at her boys who were crying, no doubt hungry for their bottle.

"It's ok." Sage nodded, stroking their cheeks one by one, "It's ok, mommy's here. Everything is going to be ok." She whispered.

She had no idea where Cass or Nancy was in the house, or Lance for that matter. She'd took her opportunity and ran upstairs whilst she could. All she wanted was for her babies to be safe. Nothing else mattered to her. She was in full survival mode and she wasn't going to let a man think he was that much in power that he could have anything he wanted.

She looked around the room for something to use in defence, and picked up the picture frame on one of the bedside tables.

She walked back out of the room, kissing her sons before she left as she made her way back downstairs slowly, making her way into the living room as she saw Lance standing while Cass stood over in the corner and Nancy stood by the window.

"What do you want?" Sage spat as Lance chuckled.

"Oh, I think you know fine well what I want." Lance said.

"I thought you were a good man. I thought you were a friend." Sage said, "You're going to prison for what you've done." She warned.

"Well, technically I haven't done anything yet." Lance said, "You've got too many friends it seems." Lance growled, "But it's ok, because I will get you at some point since… well Jonathan is probably dead right now." He nodded.

"What the fuck are you talking about?" Sage spat.

"You should have stayed a maid in that hotel in New Jersey. You got with a man who just has… way too much past." Lance shook his head, "And I just… couldn't resist you." He said truthfully as Sage glared at him, "My dad, he made sure that the people who killed Jonathan's father, got away with their murder, so those people, those great men, they owed me a favour, they're like my watchdogs, and Jonathan is with them right now." He smiled, "And so is his brother."

"Tell me what is going on!" Sage yelled. She was frustrated and she was scared. She felt like so much stuff was happening around her and she just couldn't understand what was going on.

"Jonathan obviously doesn't talk to you about his work life, clearly." Lance laughed a little, "Or else he would have told you about the countless times he's told me to stay away from you. He would have warned you about me." He said, "Maybe he doesn't love you after all." He shrugged, "I have quite the reputation, I want what belongs to someone else, it's… it's how I've always been. I like affairs, I like mentally ill, fucked up women." He smiled across to Sage who glared at him, "So you appeared on the scene in perfect timing." He said.

"So that was always your plan? To rape me?" Sage spat.

"I think you would have enjoyed it, Sage." Lance said, "Rape is a strong allegation." He said.