Betrayal

"Here, drink this." Nadine said, passing Sage a mug of warm menthol tea as they sat in the back of the hotel reception in the offices. Sage just put her hand up, feeling too anxious to eat or drink anything at this point, "Please." Nadine coaxed, "It helps. I got it for... a diet I was doing. Calms your stomach." Nadine nodded as Sage looked across at her. It was the first time she'd saw generosity come from Nadine, and it changed her whole perception on her as a person. The woman whom she thought was her best friend was a complete psychopath, and the woman who she thought she loathed actually showed decency and kindness.

"Thank you." Sage whispered, taking the mug from her and sipping on the tea.

They had left Cass's apartment and headed to the hotel. She spent the full-time walking, clinging onto Jon. She couldn't believe he'd really came to help her. She thought he'd be so annoyed and angry that she hadn't showed at the airport, that he'd just ignore her and pretend she didn't exist, but he was here.

Speaking of, he walked through the door to the offices where Sage and Nadine were sitting, "The police are here. They're gonna want to talk to you." Jon said as Sage nodded, sitting her mug of tea down and standing up, "You alright?" He asked her, brushing his hand down the side of her face as she approached him.

"I'll be fine." Sage. nodded, tapping his arm softly before leaving the offices.

"Can you even believe it?" Nadine asked Jon who shook his head. Sa told them all of what Cass had said and done on the way to the hotel. Both were shocked and puzzled and disturbed by the way Cass had carried on, and in the simplest of forms, how she had abused Sage, sexually and physically, and kidnapped her.

"I thought they were like sisters." Jon shook his head, sitting down on the chair across from Nadine who nodded.

"Me too. I watched them, every morning, for five years, walk in that main door. They really were like best friends." Nadine nodded, "I can't believe she'd do something like that."

"She obviously didn't see them as best friends." Jon shook his head, looking through the gap that lead to the reception where he saw Sage standing with two police officers, "But if... if she loved Sage, like the way she did, then why would she want to hurt her? Why would she not just tell her about her feelings? Sage is a sweetheart she'd... she'd have at least some sort of answer for it."

"It's not really feelings, though. Is it? It's more like an obsession." Nadine said, "Like a stalker almost."

"I hope she's ok." Jon sighed, turning back to look at Sage.

"She'll be ok." Nadine nodded, "Tough as nails." She hated to admit, "And although what's happened has been pretty horrific, I think we... we got there in good timing. She's not beaten up or... nothing went too far if you know what I mean." She said as Jon nodded.

"Do you think they'll catch her?" Jon asked.

"If she comes back to her apartment." Nadine nodded.

"Well where else is she gonna go?" Jon shook his head.

"C'mon. You're a lawyer." Nadine said, "Sometimes people just... disappear. If she's smart, she won't show her face around here again."

"I'd rather she did so they could arrest her." Jon said truthfully.

"Well, that's up to them. Their job." Nadine said as Jon looked across at her.