Silent Library

Jon woke up the next morning, and since he was working from his hotel room, he just slipped into some shorts and a t-shirt. He was barely sleeping, and he knew this whole situation was weighing thick on him. He tried to imagine what it felt like that night, sleeping beside Sage, compared to what he felt sleeping alone. It was bizarre how much she fit his strange puzzle.

He could barely focus on his work as he had been waiting on Sage coming to his room. He wondered what else he could have done to make his apology all the more meaningful, but even he knew he had crossed a bad line that he probably couldn't come back from. And maybe Dean was right, maybe there was no point in worrying himself about it because in the end, he was coming home in a few weeks and he most likely wouldn't see her again. But the thought of that hurt him even more.

As soon as he heard a knock on his door, he jumped up and raced to it, opening it up as he relaxed himself once seeing it was just Cass.

"Do you want your room serviced?" Cass asked him, unenthusiastically.

"Where is Sage?" Jon asked, letting her into the room as she began to tidy things up, emptying the trash, taking out dirty towels and replacing them and so on.

"She's taking a few days off to herself." Cass said.

"Why?" Jon asked curiously.

"I don't think it's any of your business." Cass told him truthfully.

"I didn't say those things to hurt her. You gotta believe me." Jon said.

"Well what'd you think it'd do? Please her?" Cass shook her head, "You just need to leave her alone until you leave. All of this isn't good for her health."

"She didn't have to sleep with me. She made that choice." Jon said.

"And you made the choice to hurt her and betray her. She told you things in private. She trusted you, which Sage doesn't do very often, and only a few hours later you're off using it in a court room against her brother." Cass said, "She should have punched you in the fucking face. Shit, I know I would have."

"I didn't get with her just to get information from her. It was only there and then in court where I just… I didn't think, and I said it. It's my job. I'm fighting a case. It's just unfortunate I'm on the other side from her." He said, watching her begin to make the bed up, "I do care about her. I don't care whether you believe me or not." He said.

"If you cared about her you'd never even think about saying anything to anyone about the things she'd told you in private." Cass said, "You've just got no regard for anyone but yourself." She said.

"You don't know me." Jon said.

"And neither does Sage." Cass pointed out, "The sooner you leave, the quicker she can… move back on with her life."

"I doubt I'm that big of a disruption." Jon shook his head.

"You are actually." Cass said, "You're gonna make her unwell. She feels guilty for liking you when you're such an asshole." She said.

"She said that?" Jon said.

"In other words." Cass nodded.

"Do you know where she is just now?" Jon asked.

"She'll be at the library probably. That's where she spends her days off." Cass said, suddenly watching Jon grab his things, "Uh… wait, don't go to her." She warned, not having told him Sage's location for him to go find her. But it was too late, he was already out the door.