Anger

Sage got home after Renee had dropped her off that night. Her heart was racing so fast, but having spoken to Renee really did help. She only wished she'd talked to someone sooner, and maybe then she could have let Jon know sooner.

She got into the house and closed the door over behind her, greeting Milo who came running towards her, "Hi, buddy." Sage smiled, scratching under his ears before taking her coat off and hanging it over by the stairs, "Jon?" Sage called, sussing out where he was as she walked down the hallway to the kitchen.

She walked on into the dark kitchen and saw him sitting at the table, "Why are you sitting in darkness?" She laughed a little, switching the light on as she looked over at him. He was like a statue just sitting staring at nothing, "Jonathan?" She shook her head, walking further towards him as she spotted her first scan picture in front of him, losing her breath for a second as she realised she hadn't gotten the chance to tell him. He already knew now.

"H-How do you have that?" Sage asked him as he finally looked up at her.

"That's the first thing you have to say?" Jon narrowed his eyes at her, "You know, at first I thought it was someone elses. And then I read your name at the top, and the date." He said.

"Jonathan, I can explain. Please." She said.

"How could you keep that from me? For so long?" He asked her.

"I was scared." Sage said, "I didn't know how you'd react. I was still trying to process the information myself." She said.

"So how far along are you?" He asked, not caring to listen to her. At that point in time, he just wanted his questions answered.

"I'm almost twelve weeks." Sage said as Jon nodded.

"You went and you saw the baby on your own. You didn't think that was something I'd be interested in? Oh, don't mind me. I'm just the kids father. I probably won't even be there. Is that what you thought? Oh, screw Jonathan. He won't care." He mimicked.

"No!" Sage shrieked, "That's not what I thought, Jonathan. I was just scared that it was gonna be too soon and that it'd freak you out. I was trying to figure out the best way to tell you."

"Oh, stop it." Jon shook his head, "How about just tell me straight. I sat there last week and told you that you could tell me anything, and I would never leave or run or laugh and you still kept that from me?" He said.

"I was terrified. I still am." Sage said.

"Were you just waiting around to see if you were gonna keep it or not?" He tested as she glared at him.

"Don't be ridiculous." She hissed, "I was just scared, ok? I don't know what I'm doing and I thought that you'd not want this and that you'd just… either leave or be with me because you felt like you had to." She said, "I didn't keep it from you to hurt you, Jonathan." Sage said.

"Well you done a poor fucking job of that, didn't you?" Jon spat, "Here." He stood up, picking the black and white picture and walking over to her, "Belongs to you, doesn't it?" He said, pulling her hand out and crumpling it up in her hand as she looked up at him.

"So you don't want this?" Sage asked him, watching him walk over to the island in the kitchen, "You don't want this baby." She stated.