Not Sure

Jon threw on some jeans and a t-shirt, heading to Sage's apartment later that night after finally getting her to agree to going out with him. He knew fine well she didn't trust him anymore, and was probably going out with him just to shut him up, but he wanted to prove that he wasn't just staying around her to benefit his job.

He got to her apartment and knocked on the door, waiting for a few minutes until she finally came to the door and opened it up. He smiled, gazing at her dreamily. She looked beautiful. Her hair was no longer in long braids. Seemed that she striaghtened her hair and applied some makeup that brought out her God giving features. She had on jeans that hugged her slim curves and a hoodie."You look great." He said, keeping it casual.

" He said, keeping it casual

"Thanks." Sage nodded simply. She didn't want him to think that this was her forgetting what he had done. This was her trying to consider seeing around his mistake. She did believe everyone deserved a second chance. That didn't mean she trusted him, "Just give me a minute." She told him as he nodded, watching her rush off back to the sofa where he saw the black Labrador lying on his bed. He smiled, watching her pet him and rush back over to him.

"Cute dog." Jon nodded.

"He gets so mad when I leave." Sage smiled, glancing back at Milo who was whining in his bed to himself as she frowned, "I can't resist him sometimes." She said, closing her apartment door over and locking it over with her keys.

"What's his name?" Jon asked her as they began to walk down the block stairs.

"Milo." Sage said, "I rescued him when he was a puppy two years ago." She nodded, "He's got such a good nature." She smiled.

"Good owner." Jon said, opening up the block door for her as she walked out first and into the busy street, "So I assume this pancake place is good?" He asked her, placing his hands in his pockets as they walked along the street.

"If you like pancakes." She nodded.

"I do." Jon said, "I'd love to take you to dinner, though." He admitted as she just smiled up at him.

"Trust me, I'd thank you more for pancakes than a steak dinner." She smiled as he nodded.

"Fair enough." Jon smiled, "So why'd you agree to come out with me?" He asked, "I mean… besides getting me to stop annoying you." He said.

"I was in the mood for pancakes." Sage said as Jon nodded, "And… I do want to… find a reason to at least try and forgive you." She nodded honestly, "Because despite myself, I do like you. It's just a shame you've made it so difficult." She shook her head.

"I know I hate myself for it." Jon said, "I think maybe I underestimated how much I… I didn't wanna see you hurt, and knowing I did kills me." He said truthfully.